• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 38 13.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 241 85.2%

• Total voters

poxymoron

Voted “fine” as in this age of excellently measuring devices at way beyond audibility as well as great price point, I want more of other features, like EQ, tone controls, dynamic loudness, service, support etc.
Don't we all, but at that price? Here's hoping.

DonR

Major Contributor
Another good value SOTA Chinese DAC/amp. This is getting predictable. :)

shrimp_dude

Do these 2022 versions of the A10d, A20d dac/amps have relay volume control for perfect channel matching? It seems Sabaj does not advertise that component anymore. Was there a channel matching test done on this unit?

djgras

Hi. Perhaps you could help me:
- can I use it as a preamp with active speakers (Dynaudio Focus 110A) through RCA?
- How does it compare with the Topping equivalent? Topping A90 discrete? DX5 ? EX5 ? DX7 Pro ?
- I currently have a SOtM SDP1000 DAC/preamp: should I upgrade and why or have these devices not reached the same audio quality level yet?
Thanks and best regards

Last edited:

Vovgan

Forum Donor
I hear you, but the Benchmark is made in America and these days I just can't bring myself to send money to China. Just me..
People in my part of the world may have the opposite preferences now, so I ordered one on Aliexpress with no remorse ☺️

Owl

While buying local is great, especially for new products, this design looks to be a refinement of an already proven product. There shouldn't be much risk.

natna

Wow! Great news!

It's amazing that the unballanced RCA output is top notch, and the toslink performance is equally high as usb!
A good match with some of us, that want to feed it with older music sources as Blurays, CD players, etc... that only have toslink/optical.
I'd also like to see some channel separation measurements for RCA OUT.

Vovgan

Forum Donor
Headphone amplification is included and is output in both 1/4 and 4.4 mm. Note that the latter is not balanced and is simply there for compatibility (which I appreciated)
Chief, their materials say that it’s balanced:

Attachments

• 04192A60-C408-470E-80F6-930F0DF2C295.jpeg
    04192A60-C408-470E-80F6-930F0DF2C295.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 164

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Azathoth

Would be good upgrade for me, would live a nice all in one solution. And it's USB-C too! Could I plug it straight to my Android phone perchance?

Lambda

Major Contributor
probably best not to start a discussion
Then why do you come to this tread and make 3 posts with political issues that have nothing to do with the product.
their materials say that it’s balanced:
it has a balanced connector and if you uses it you get less crosstalk between left and right channel.
Many low end audio interfaces also only have "impedance balanced" outputs.
So the hot side is driven and the cold side is referenced to local ground.

With cold and hot or low and high Driven you get more "power"/ signal and thereby possessively a small signal to noise benefit
This is often called "fully differential balanced" or only "true balanced".

Top Bottom