• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

trotos

L30 measures quite well as all the other toppings for their latest iterations. If 1990 is what you are sticking with and you have no desire to upgrade - sure L30 is still good.
If you live in the states you can get one of Schiit offerings as well for cheap, check the reviews here - magni is probably what you will be looking for.
If you want to upgrade to something different - you will need to be a bit more specific.
"Unfortunately" the schiit and other competitors are not distributed (and if so in limited quantity) in Germany. So, only sabaj, smsl, topping, loxjie.
What is the fuss about the serial numbers and what is affecting regarding topping? Also. what about the volume dials and controls and stepping of db?

Thank you!

trotos

Both measured extremely well for the price, and quite similarly to each other. Pick the one whose features or looks you prefer.
What are the main differences?
is the sabaj auto turned off?
thank you also for your replies.

Zim

Forum Donor

Relay control for perfect channel matching, separate volume control for headphone and preamp. Remote. These are the advantages of the A10h.
I’ve got both the A10h and L30. The L30 has been sitting in the box since I got the A10h. Much more versatility and convenience.

Topping really needs to introduce all those advantages the A10h on all their future devices to at least win me back. The extra 1 or 2 dB in better SINAD performance isn’t worth trading the ease of use.

roog

Forum Donor
Display on the Sabaj is useful too even if it is that terrible blue colour!

Roland68

Major Contributor
I would also recommend the Sabaj A10h to you.
I had the L30 and could compare it to the Sabaj A10h. Both are great in terms of sound.
But of course the Sabaj A10h has, for me, the big advantage of a relay-based volume control with absolute channel equality at any volume. The remote control and display are an added plus.

trotos

I received my Sabaj Ah10 today, but the remote controller does not work. I am doing something wrong? Anyone with a similar problem?
I was wondering if this is a second hand since I found no protective plastic for the front screen or plastic protective plastic covers for the back inputs/outputs. The topping had those.
By the way the sound is, I dare to say, better than topping's L30? or does it fit better with my beyerndynamics DT1990?

P.S. In the package there was the remote the amplifier and the power converter. Shouldn't there be a 8,5 to 3,5 Jack to mini Jack?

Last edited:

Lilith

I received my Sabaj Ah10 today, but the remote controller does not work. I am doing something wrong? Anyone with a similar problem?
I was wondering if this is a second hand since I found no protective plastic for the front screen or plastic protective plastic covers for the back inputs/outputs. The topping had those.
By the way the sound is, I dare to say, better than topping's L30? or does it fit better with my beyerndynamics DT1990?

hehe :) ... you have to press B first (or A or C)... had the same problem and I thought it´s broken.

trotos

hehe :) ... you have to press B first (or A or C)... had the same problem and I thought it´s broken.
Manual should say activate A10h controller!! thank you.
About my other "minor" notes? any clue?

Lilith

Manual should say activate A10h controller!! thank you.
About my other "minor" notes? any clue?
I had no cover on the connectors as well. I think there also was no plastic on the display. If you cannot compare directly A/B and switch quickly I guess it´s impossbile which sounds better.

trotos

I had no cover on the connectors as well. I think there also was no plastic on the display. If you cannot compare directly A/B and switch quickly I guess it´s impossbile which sounds better.
This is what my memory says. Somehow the high were more prominent.
The output power might also be a bit better for the sabaj. I am not saying that my ears are good, i am above 40 so... but this is as a first impression!

Thank you!

roog

Forum Donor
No plastic film on the display, made me think too, but as the unit came in a bag in 5he box and the display was unmarked I guessed it was normal

Veri

Master Contributor
Think I'm gonna try the Sabaj A20h. Seems like an attractive offering to me.

sIAE1wa.jpg

Sami

Fails radiated immunity EMC test!
I get crackling noise when I move my phone over the Sabaj or even the headphone cable. Doesn't happen with Schiit Magni 3.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
This is what my memory says. Somehow the high were more prominent.
The output power might also be a bit better for the sabaj. I am not saying that my ears are good, i am above 40 so... but this is as a first impression!

Thank you!
Interestingly i think the highs are more prominent when i drive the amps direct from the DAC than the A10h. Could be placebo though.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I get crackling noise when I move my phone over the Sabaj or even the headphone cable. Doesn't happen with Schiit Magni 3.
I have not noticed this for the A10h. The D50s is more sensitive to phone radiation.

Sami

I have not noticed this for the A10h. The D50s is more sensitive to phone radiation.
Did you try it while downloading using mobile network? Volume of noise is maybe 30 dB lower than my normal listening volume.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Did you try it while downloading using mobile network? Volume of noise is maybe 30 dB lower than my normal listening volume.
Have you tried with other phone? Also try other pair of rca in cable.

roog

Forum Donor
Is this test listed as part of the IEC 61000 EMC standards?

Sami

I made only a cellphone-based test, no IEC/EN61000-4-3 tests were conducted, so I don't know how many V/m my phone generates.

Top Bottom