• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10h Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Xyrium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Very neat little box. Might work well in my guitar rig. Thanks!

kiyu

$120 vs 150€, why is it always like that for us :mad:.
hehehe I live in South America my friend, most of us need to work 2-4 months in order to save that amount of money when you probably could get it right away :p in addition to that, there is no Amazon here, and if you get something from china and is not working, good luck, no official seller or anything like that and send it back to China, probably will cost more than the product itself :p, so there is always in a worse situation :p

Sombreuil

hehehe I live in South America my friend, most of us need to work 2-4 months in order to save that amount of money when you probably could get it right away :p in addition to that, there is no Amazon here, and if you get something from china and is not working, good luck, no official seller or anything like that and send it back to China, probably will cost more than the product itself :p, so there is always in a worse situation :p
I hear you, but one must compare two situations where the cost of living is similar.

Roland68

Major Contributor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Curious that this amp has three gain modes and i only see measurements on the low and High Gain 1. Is High Gain 2 not used or is it overkill for most headphones? I drive 120ohm Sennheiser HD560s in High Gain mode 2 because they sound better and more open to me than on High gain 1.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Report back how it works with subwoofers. I get always customers asking for remote controlled volume devices and this one looks like a very well engineered and affordable solution.
I got my second matching sub.

From X16 RCA out to A10h, A10h preouts to subs. Sound fine. No issue with ground loop noise that I can sense....

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Curious that this amp has three gain modes and i only see measurements on the low and High Gain 1. Is High Gain 2 not used or is it overkill for most headphones? I drive 120ohm Sennheiser HD560s in High Gain mode 2 because they sound better and more open to me than on High gain 1.

All 3 modes have been measured. Look closely at the plots. 2 mode traces are overlapping.
Your observation makes sense but is not of electrical origin.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi all, I am a happy owner of a topping L30, but there is one of my case uses (plugged to a hegel H90) where the L30 is a bit short of power for my HD600. I assume the reason being that the signal out of the hegel preamp out is very weak (?).
In any case, i see there is a good offer for the sabaj going on, but if i look at the power graphs, both L30 and this seem identical powerwise to me. But as i have no idea and i might be missing something... i am correct thinking the sabaj is not going to provide any significant more power than the L30? Thanks for your comments!

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds like you need more gain. Maybe power, too, but you won't know that until you find the limits of your amp or your ears.

Lucoolious

Hello, recently I ordered Hifiman he5xx headphones and at the moment I am only have the focusrite scarlet 2i2 (3rd gen), so as I understand it will not be enough for my new headphones. Is this Sabaj amplifier would be a good choice for me?

peterwen

Audio Company

roog

Forum Donor
I have one on order, my main interest is in its use as a basic pre amp with remote control, I am looking forward to giving it a spin Soon.

Lilith

Will this be a good choice for Beyerdynamics DT 880 250 Ohm?

Top Bottom