• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rythmik FV15HP2

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a pair of Rythmik FV15HP subwoofers in my main system. These have been the best, or one of the few best low tune 15" ported subwoofers available for around ten years now. Rythmik decided to see if they could eek out just a bit more performance from them, and decided to test a change in drivers and amplification. Amps were upgraded from their class H H600 600 watt amp to Hypex class D 900 watt RMS amps. In my testing of the FV15HP and FV15HP2(with new driver and Hypex amp), I found extension and output below 30-40Hz to be virtually identical, as I believe the system is excursion and port limited below this range(not power limited).

Long term output via compression sweeps yielded a couple dB advantage in the 50-100 Hz range, and 1-2 dB increase in clean burst output 50Hz+. Will be a couple months before they are available for purchase as they are waiting on a batch of new amps. The driver change was only a change from 3 ohm to 2 ohm. Unfortunately, I have not done any subjective testing yet, but I suspect it will be a bit hard to subjectively tell the difference of 1-2 dB additional clean output when I already have 115-120 dB burst capability across the entire bandpass 15-120 Hz. What's nice about having this much capability is that distortion is near or below my noise floor to above the level my speakers are capable of playing, while providing +/- 1 or 2 dB frequency response down to 10 Hz.

Anyways, just in case anyone were in the market for the absolute most performance they can get from a package this size, Rythmik just raised the bar a little bit. Also, since these amps run much cooler, the subs can be laid down on their sides if needed to accommodate placement, without cooling issues.
HX1000 controls.JPG

HX1000 rear.JPG

HX1000 zoom.JPG

DS1520.JPG

OP
Bear123

Bear123

Yes I changed out the drivers and amps. Sort of as a Beta tester.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a pair of Rythmik FV15HP subwoofers in my main system. These have been the best, or one of the few best low tune 15" ported subwoofers available for around ten years now. Rythmik decided to see if they could eek out just a bit more performance from them, and decided to test a change in drivers and amplification. Amps were upgraded from their class H H600 600 watt amp to Hypex class D 900 watt RMS amps. In my testing of the FV15HP and FV15HP2(with new driver and Hypex amp), I found extension and output below 30-40Hz to be virtually identical, as I believe the system is excursion and port limited below this range(not power limited).

Long term output via compression sweeps yielded a couple dB advantage in the 50-100 Hz range, and 1-2 dB increase in clean burst output 50Hz+. Will be a couple months before they are available for purchase as they are waiting on a batch of new amps. The driver change was only a change from 3 ohm to 2 ohm. Unfortunately, I have not done any subjective testing yet, but I suspect it will be a bit hard to subjectively tell the difference of 1-2 dB additional clean output when I already have 115-120 dB burst capability across the entire bandpass 15-120 Hz. What's nice about having this much capability is that distortion is near or below my noise floor to above the level my speakers are capable of playing, while providing +/- 1 or 2 dB frequency response down to 10 Hz.

Anyways, just in case anyone were in the market for the absolute most performance they can get from a package this size, Rythmik just raised the bar a little bit. Also, since these amps run much cooler, the subs can be laid down on their sides if needed to accommodate placement, without cooling issues.
View attachment 132732
View attachment 132735
View attachment 132734
View attachment 132733
Very cool. Curious if the amp being class d was lighter that the one it replaced with.

OP
Bear123

Bear123

No, as they use a big honking toroidal transformer in both. Amps weigh just under 20 lbs.

OP
Bear123

Bear123

^I Kept wondering why you listed an ATV in your sig o_O Just realized it means Apple TV? :p
That is correct haha maybe I shouldn’t abbreviate.

Top Bottom