• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rythmik Audio CI Subwoofer?

Edgar

Forum Donor
It seems like Rythmik Audio subwoofers have a good reputation on ASR.
But I didn't see anything about the DIY subs from them, they call them CI series.
Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer Products - Custom Install series

Does anybody have experience with any of them?

I am interested in these subs because I like to have one or two high quality subs and I think the servo amplifiers are a good idea.
I live far away from the USA and shipping of a complete subwoofer would be very expensive. Shipping only drivers and amps will still not be cheap but more acceptable.
Rythmik Audio published plans for the enclosures and I am sure I will find someone local who can build them for me in high quality for a decent price.
Rythmik Audio • Subwoofer enclosure plans

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There is a lot of info on AVS but basically the kits use the same components (amplifiers, drivers) as their finished designs so work very well. As a matter of fact, the kit plans allow for larger cabinets, which can improve their sensitivity for better performance, you can adjust the dimensions for your space, and add additional bracing and such (as Jim Salk does in his implementations) if you wish.

Feel free to contact Brian or Enrico at Rythmik and ask.

Disclaimer: I have Rythmik subs, and have had for a long time, and Brian and I have similar day jobs so I am biased in his favor.

HTH - Don

Top Bottom