• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Runnig the new Hypex NiIai Modules BTL

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Contact

Tried to contact Buckey amps couse i live in Germany but no answer till yet.
Contact Nord they can probably build a custom amp for you with the NC2k and UK is closer to Germany. @boggit10

OP
M

Mario Soldier

Contact

Contact Nord they can probably build a custom amp for you with the NC2k and UK is closer to Germany. @boggit10

Nord is in Uk and Uk is nervermore EU same Problems as with USa.

Buckey contacted me, his answer was in my Spam orner what a shame.

Only Problem he dont accepts Pay Pal anymore......

So tommorrow i have to go to my bank and ask for the ne Debit Card (this i can connect with google pay).

Buckeys Amps has a feature i need, i need an Auto on feature.

In my own Amps i use icepower extend front ends but they are not aviable anymore.....

Anyone an idea for an Auto on Platine like the icepower extend front end????

Its an shame it will not be build anymore it also has the feature to make the hypex 1200 SMps 85-264 Volt compatible without setting the pin.

Hypex says the Power output of two NIlais and two Power supplies are 800-100 watt at 8 OHm but my Speakers are more 4 than 8 ohm.....

Last edited:
OP
M

Mario Soldier

Out of curiosity, what breaks in the modules, and what causes them to break? I would have assumed they have protection against shorts and overheating built in?

Ok at the moment i use one 1200 AS1 Icepower in one big Ghent case (build for two modules),but is use one case for one module.
The setup now runs for 3 weeks without problems.

For me it seems the sound is better as with the pascal s pro 2 but it cut be psycho accoustic.

The modules breaked when two modules where in one case (no idea why), heat? i think not.

The case with only one 1200 As1 never gets hoter as 40 degree celsius.

Probably two modules in one case (dual mono ) is not good).

However ordered NCx500 from Buckey(have a credit card now and his answers was in my spam ordner....) for testing......i dont think i need the 600/1200 Watt short term power of the 1200 AS1

Top Bottom