• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rule, Britannia!, Britannia rule the (sound)waves!

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Has London water changed that much in the last ten years? Pride & ESB certainly have.
Don’t know left London in 1994, the population has got bigger and has water treatment improved since 1994? Some of the happiest memories were drinking Pride at the Brewery Tap in Brentford while listening to live jazz, Good beer great music!

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Don’t know left London in 1994, the population has got bigger and has water treatment improved since 1994? Some of the happiest memories were drinking Pride at the Brewery Tap in Brentford while listening to live jazz, Good beer great music!
As I have been drinking exclusively Bishops Finger for the last number of years,bny intial comment was a bit ott! :)

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
As I have been drinking exclusively Bishops Finger for the last number of years,bny intial comment was a bit ott! :)
Hope he didn’t put it anywhere he shouldn’t? Lots of good beer for sale now around the UK, is Bishops Finger brewed in Kent. Had some a while back, usually buy beer from the supermarket when it’s on offer,

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
[2021/10/15] But I will not go now, I wrote a holiday trip to London in the future.When remains to be seen.:)
Have you had time to go (to BBC) in the intervening year... YET?

I don't think enough kudos have been duly given to BBC, in this MUGA (like 'MAGA' dealio in US) thread... YET!:eek:

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Have you had time to go (to BBC) in the intervening year... YET?

I don't think enough kudos have been duly given to BBC, in this MUGA (like 'MAGA' dealio in US) thread... YET!:eek:
I haven't made a trip to England yet. There have been other things to tinker with at home with the cabin BUT there will be a trip in the future. When that happens I'll see. Hopefully now for the coming spring. That would be damn fun.:D

BBC you say....interesting. Could definitely be something to visit!:)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
BBC you say....interesting. Could definitely be something to visit!:)
No! No! Not that way!:oops: Not in a way where they start calling you a "*#$^ tourist".
Maybe asking here at ASR, to see if you can enter a BBC studio, as a 'tech'l-guest' thru a hook-up from an ASR member.;)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
... English threads. ...

Those "English threads" are almost certainly metric.

You know: Like most of the civilised world uses. Other than the USA of course.

I don't think Whitworth is used any more, and, though still used in plumbing, you are unlikely to find British Standard Pipe fittings in speakers.

:p

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Maybe asking here at ASR, to see if you can enter a BBC studio, as a 'tech'l-guest' thru a hook-up from an ASR member.;)
Damn, that would be really fun.:p

'Britannia' rules nothing...it's not even a country
It was just to get a title for the thread.An attempt at a bit of fun allusion.:)

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Had a pair of JPW P1 for many years loved them to bits, unfortunately that describes what happened to the foam surrounds. Think the cabinets were made by prisoners in Dartmoor prison.
Do you recognize them?;) I'm with my mother and father right now. They use them daily. Partly together with FM radio and partly together with CD player. I put plastic veneer on them. As usual, bloody blurry pictures from my side. I'm useless at photography.:oops:
IMG_20221127_233117.jpg

IMG_20221127_233131.jpg

Receiver Luxor 5082R power the JPW P1. Luxor 5082R, because it was manufactured near where they live. It works well.:)
Plus a CD player on top of it (on blocks so it doesn't interfere with ventilation)
IMG_20221127_233241.jpg

Attachments

• Luxor-5082-R-63396 (1).jpeg
    Luxor-5082-R-63396 (1).jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 25

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you recognize them?;) I'm with my mother and father right now. They use them daily. Partly together with FM radio and partly together with CD player. I put plastic veneer on them. As usual, bloody blurry pictures from my side. I'm useless at photography.:oops:
View attachment 246347
View attachment 246348

Receiver Luxor 5082R power the JPW P1. Luxor 5082R, because it was manufactured near where they live. It works well.:)
Plus a CD player on top of it (on blocks so it doesn't interfere with ventilation)
View attachment 246349

Did you use a toaster to take those pics? Lol. :D j/k.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Did you use a toaster to take those pics? Lol. :D j/k.
They got insanely bad. Blurry.:oops:

Now testing again. Washed off the lens, holds steady and...ta da!:D
IMG_20221127_235449.jpg

.....:oops::confused:

Hm, a little better but hmm. I'm starting a new thread about photography with a mobile phone(tips and advice), which in any case gives decent quality for the pictures. It shouldn't be that hard, or it is just that hard. What do I know.:)

Last edited:

Galliardist

Major Contributor
View attachment 246347
View attachment 246348

View attachment 246349

Those look like Heybrook stands, I would have taken the speakers to be HB1s...

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Those look like Heybrook stands, I would have taken the speakers to be HB1s...
They have the same 8 inch woofer. Looks pretty similar.:)

The stands came with the purchase of them. Didn't ask much about them, but you might be right.

Edit:
Thread: Heybrook HB1 S3 speakers with original stands
heybrook2.jpg

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They got insanely bad. Blurry.:oops:

Now testing again. Washed off the lens, holds steady and...ta da!:D
View attachment 246351
.....:oops::confused:

Hm, a little better but hmm. I'm starting a new thread about photography with a mobile phone(tips and advice), which in any case gives decent quality for the pictures. It shouldn't be that hard, or it is just that hard. What do I know.:)
My first speakers were P1s, I remember them as being great fun to listen to, they may well have been better than most of the speakers that followed.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
My first speakers were P1s, I remember them as being great fun to listen to, they may well have been better than most of the speakers that followed.
They are actually fun to listen to. Little like the bumblebee that can't fly but does so anyway. It shouldn't be good with an 8 inch driver paired with a 3/4 inch tweeter but it works, in some strange way.:)

This tweeter in them:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-28_002457.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-28_002457.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Top Bottom