• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rudimentary Measurement: PROZOR 192KHz Digital to Analog Audio Converter

Slow

I know this product has been discussed in passing in places before and is known to not exactly be great, but I thought I'd throw a little info into the pot after some experimenting.

I got this DAC because it was the quickest DAC I could pick up with TOSLINK to deal with some electrical noise my wife's computer was making on every conductive connection we made (even with an external USB soundcard). I have since gotten a D-6 which obviously she is much happier with. Anyway, once we got her going on the D-6, I played around with some rudimentary measurements of the Prozor just to see what kind of performance I was getting from it.

These measurements are not intended to be anywhere near the level of quality everyone is used to in this forum, but might be of use for someone like myself who is doing a quick search to see if it's worth spending the $15 for some low-quality use case. I searched on this forum and just found passing remarks and the short YouTube review, so hopefully this little bit of measurement helps people make further informed decisions.

Measurement method is as follows...

Source - TOSLINK port on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra motherboard
--> TOSLINK cable provided with the Prozor for optical connection
--> Cheap miniplug patch cable from miniplug jack on Prozor
Input - Line In on motherboard

Arta used for some quick measurements.

prozor-impulse.png
prozor-FR.png

prozor-GD.png
prozor-THD.png

It appears I may not have the awful level of noise/distortion that the one previous measurement I've seen showed, but of course, the frequency response is...well, less than ideal.

Anyway, I've been perusing these forums for useful information for a long time and am thankful for all the good work here. Hopefully this adds something useful...if not, no offense here if this needs to be cleared out in favor of the more carefully done measurements. :)

OP
S

Slow

FWIW, here is what the measurements look like if I just run line-out to line-in on the motherboard with that same miniplug cable...

onboard-impulse.png
onboard-FR.png
onboard-GD.png
onboard-THD.png

Top Bottom