• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RTJ Audio -RTJ 410

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
How does it make sense that they only go down to 60hz when they have 4X10 inch woofers ?
Screenshot_20230524_163339_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230524_163354_Chrome.jpg

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As it also depends on the needed SPL, 10" drivers are in the PA world usually mid drivers, woofer are typically 18" arrays which this company also provides:

RTJ 18Sub Quad
PRICE:

$16998 USD (4x Subwoofers)

Dimensions:

22.5'“ x 22.5” x 15” (Each Module)

Product Information:

4x 18” Sub Module

2x 4000w External Amplifier

10hz-200hz (In Room)

20 amp @ 120 volt (1/4 Power)

_M1B9074.jpg

Edit: My post overlapped with above @fpitas one which basically writes the same.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They so stole my idea for alien robot speakers.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
If this speaker is the same competend build as the 'competent' information on there web about it. I would be very, very sceptical about it.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If this speaker is the same competend build as the 'competent' information on there web about it. I would be very, very sceptical about it.
They are short on measured data.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
They are short on measured data.

I think you could easy say very short on every data.;) Or maybe iam to stupid to find some? The only data i can find is that product information, and thats nearly nothing.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you could easy say very short on every data.;) Or maybe iam to stupid to find some?
I didn't find much either ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess this company depends on professional installers to move product. They still might want to toot their own horn a bit on the web site.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

This is something that tend to fly in the face of conventional wisdom... Full range speakers may not be "the way", to go in a most systems. This has been studied by eminences such as Floyd E. Toole, Alan Devantier, Sean Olive and Earl Geddes to name a few.. There have been others... It seems to be a better design strategy, to leave the low end to subwoofers and optimize the speaker from where you would cross with subwoofers (as in several). This is, to paraphrase someone here and the Mandalorians ;) , "the way" :D.
Geddes, top of the line, the Summa , was a 2-way with an 18 inches woofer + a waveguide fitted with a compression driver... stated FR was from 60 Hz to 18,000.oo... Sensitiviy was at least 96 dB... I have no doubt that this beast could play 120 dB + at listening positions of several meters...
No idea about this RTJ speaker, but leaving the <60 Hz to subwoofers, make sense...

Peace.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

This is something that tend to fly in the face of conventional wisdom... Full range speakers may not be "the way", to go in a most systems. This has been studied by eminences such as Floyd E. Toole, Alan Devantier, Sean Olive and Earl Geddes to name a few.. There have been others... It seems to be a better design strategy, to leave the low end to subwoofers and optimize the speaker from where you would cross with subwoofers (as in several). This is, to paraphrase someone here and the Mandalorians ;) , "the way" :D.
Geddes, top of the line, the Summa , was a 2-way with an 18 inches woofer + a waveguide fitted with a compression driver... stated FR was from 60 Hz to 18,000.oo... Sensitiviy was at least 96 dB... I had no doubt that this beast could play 120 dB + at listening positions of several meters...
No idea about this RTJ speaker, but leaving the <60 Hz to subwoofers, make sense...

Peace.
I cross to the real woofer (15") at the baffle step, 110Hz, to minimize Doppler distortion in the SEAS. I didn't pay that much for drivers to screw up the signal by misapplication ;) I imagine they had the same thought; these are made to run loud and clean.

MKR

Major Contributor
Hi

Geddes, top of the line, the Summa , was a 2-way with an 18 inches woofer + a waveguide fitted with a compression driver... stated FR was from 60 Hz to 18,000.oo... Sensitiviy was at least 96 dB... I have no doubt that this beast could play 120 dB + at listening positions of several meters...

Peace.
I saw what you did there :p

Top Bottom