• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RTA for living room?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'm realizing I just love watching the RTA on my ADI-2 Pro in my desktop / office / DAW system.

I'd love for similar eye candy in my living room?

Is there a cool RTA for home audio, vintage or current, that offers a nice juicy RTA to bounce along with music?

Digital input maybe preferred? Not sure if it actually matters....

Guermantes

You mean something like this?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://reverb.com/software/utilities/seven-phases/1236-seven-phases-spectrum-analyzer

Download this one from Microsoft, set up an obsolete small computer monitor just for this.

gmhohtddrpeuw1wlxlyc.png

XpanD

Forum Donor
If you have a computer and a monitor around...

If you want a full-featured RTA, Room EQ Wizard can do it in real time. Needs an active mic (or a line input/loopback? haven't tried), though. Probably not too practical, but fun to mess with. I can also recommend Orban Loudness Meter, which gives you a bunch of bars to stare at for every channel. Good way to see what's happening, and it's pretty easy to get running.

Top Bottom