• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

sarieri

Forum Donor
Assuming a stereo input signal, you can apply your EQ filters to left and rght inputs, or you can apply EQ after splitting up the input with a mixer. If you are using FIR filters for your crossover and for EQ, I would suggest convolving the full EQ with the crossover filters to create a single FIR filter for each output channel.
Suppose I want to apply EQ before sending the stereo signal to mixer, should I do that in pipeline?

Wirrunna

Sareiri, I have zipped a couple of CamillaDSP configs and attached them below, unzip them and either look at them with an editor like notepad or put them into CamillaDSP and have a look at them in the GUI. The pipeline shows the filters on the input channels before the mixer.
This link - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...m-correction-etc.349818/page-189#post-7213813 - describes the process I used to get to those configs.

Attachments

• _T45_A67_Test.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 16

sarieri

Forum Donor

dobrynin

Hello everyone. The Infomaker HiFi DAC Audio Hat board has arrived. I connected it, registered it in the config:

sudo nano /boot/firmware/config.txt
dtoverlay=allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio

I rebooted the raspberry and saw the board in the output devices.
The problem is that the volume level is still low. For the test, I set the Volume and everything is fine with the volume level there. Please help me figure out what the problem is.

dobrynin

I figured it out. I set the volume here to 100 and now it's right. Now the correction...
Once again, thank you all so much for your help!

1713382303985.jpeg

GNK

I think I've read this thread in its entirety, but can anyone guide me on how I can use this application without a Raspberry Pi, using only PC with Windows?
This thread is a very nice guide, but I think it's only useful for someone with a Raspberry Pi. It looks like a lot of syntax needs to be modified on Windows, for example using Alsa as a capture program. I looked at the official tutorial on GitHub, but I there's also lack of information based on Windows. There's a very high barrier to entry for normal people who are used to GUIs. :(
Maybe it's because Windows-only users can access to EQAPO, a much more user-friendly application, but I want to give this a try.

GNK

Go here: https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp

Under the Table of Contents, the Installing link provides directions for different OSs, including Windows.
Yes I read it thoroughly and manged to start the program. But it's just running.(as blank)
All the instructions for setting it seem to require at least intermediate level of programming or something.
For example, their step by step guide starts with
Here let's assume we already figured out all the Loopbacks etc and already know the devices to use.
I'm using ultralite mk5 as well, but the yaml from this thread doesn't work.
So I was wondering if there's a more kinder guidance like this thread, but for Windows-only users.

Last edited:

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
So I was wondering if there's a more kinder guidance like this thread, but for Windows-only users.
Not that I have come across, but it is not something for which I have looked. You might search the diyAudio forum. There might be something there on it.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
But it's just running.(as blank)
One thing that comes to mind. To access the CamillaDSP user interface I use a web browser. I enter the IP address of my Raspberry Pi followed by a colon and the port identifier, e.g.: 192.168.0.100:5005

You may need to use a web browser on your Windows machine to access the local port. I'm not sure whether it is 5005 in Windows though, but it is worth a shot. You may need to google how to use a web browser to access a local port in Windows - I have never tried it.

EDIT: Maybe try entering the following in the address bar of your web browser: 127.0.0.1:5005

Lukas Fischer

Everytime camill DSP goes into state "paused" i get a loud deep pop noise as if you would unplugg something from a running sound system. Played over AppleAirplay to an hifiberry dac+dsp card.

I already tried switching sample rates, buffer - the system log says:

"2024-04-22 09:51:27.235478 WARN [src/alsadevice.rs:138] PB: Prepare playback after buffer underrun"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 100203.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 100203.png
    359 KB · Views: 9

dobrynin

Everytime camill DSP goes into state "paused" i get a loud deep pop noise as if you would unplugg something from a running sound system. Played over AppleAirplay to an hifiberry dac+dsp card.

"2024-04-22 09:51:27.235478 WARN [src/alsadevice.rs:138] PB: Prepare playback after buffer underrun"
Hi.
I can't tell you about your loud click question, but I have another question about Airplay – do you have a delay when starting playback or switching tracks for 1-2 seconds?

Lukas Fischer

I wish I knew how to get rid of this delay, I really don't like it ((
i'm not really a linux audio guy - but a windows, & i guess its pretty much the same:
i know that delay depends on the buffer. the better your system is the smaller you can set your buffer to reduce that (processing) delay. (dependend on driver, your system per se the system ( live audio processing capability) and the interface you use)
i guess its the same with camilla dsp.

On windows i use the software latencymon https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon to find processes that interrupt that live audio playback capabilities...

phofman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I wish I knew how to get rid of this delay, I really don't like it ((
Is it actually possible? https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync?tab=readme-ov-file#latency-stuffing-timing :

AirPlay protocols use an agreed latency – a time lag or delay – between the time represented by a sound sample's timestamp and the time it is actually played by the audio output device, typically a Digital to Audio Converter (DAC). Latency gives players time to compensate for network delays, processing time variations and so on. The latency is specified by the audio source when it negotiates with Shairport Sync. AirPlay sources set a latency of around 2.0 to 2.25 seconds. AirPlay 2 can use shorter latencies, around half a second.

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

If you delete the entries in silence_treshold and silence_timeout CamillaDSP will never pause and stay in the running state. Might be a way to solve it.

Michael

Top Bottom