• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RPi Audio streamer with DSP AND analogue in. Anything available?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hi

I have a spare Pi3b hanging about and would like to play with it as a DSP/streamer (to avoid USB cable across room from Mac). Currently on Mac, I have set up room correction convolution filters, so can play corrected audio both from digital files, but also from my turntable via an analogue input on the Soundblaster Omni 5.1 I am using as DAC.

However, none of the streamer builds I've looked at (MoOde, Volumio, Rune) seem to be able to route the analogue input from the soundcard back to the output via any built in DSP, unless I've missed something. MoOde can (I think) route an analogue input from a HiFiberry DAC/ADC board. Volumio (I think) can do the same but only in the paid version.

Anything I've missed? Any other streamer builds that can do what I'm looking for?

(essentially I'm looking for a poor man's MiniDSP 2x4 for two channel output only)

Thanks.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I don't think any will do it off the shelf, but they could be modified if you have the skill.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hmm

£35 for a RPi V £2000 (+?) for the AVR.

I guess you missed the "poor man's" :D

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I used the Pi 4 with Raspbian (the official OS) and then I installed Spotify and Audacity.

With Audacity I can monitor the analog input and route the output to a dac ... but it's not the easy path you're looking for.

Adding CamillaDSP worked, but the Pi was out of power ... some intermittent skips killed the experience. Maybe it needs more work, but as you say "life's too short".

Now I'm searching for a mini PC based solution, surely Intel NUC.

Top Bottom