• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ROUTER FOR ROON

OP
G

Georgeadv

The company changed the modem you previously had that gave no problems with this one that does produce them?
The company provides a modem router which i had no problem but had poor range and wws basic

I added on that the asus and i have drop
Outs

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The company provides a modem router which i had no problem but had poor range and wws basic

I added on that the asus and i have drop
Outs
Drops in Wifi or Internet?

From this sentence
my current connection is ads and I am using a modem provided by my isp connected router that I have which however regularly drops connection. its an asus
I understood the asus is provided by the company, sorry.
I have the adsl modem directly connected to the router which is connected to hegel h190
"Connected" means wifi or ethernet?

OP
G

Georgeadv

Drops in Wifi or Internet?

From this sentence

I understood the asus is provided by the company, sorry.

"Connected" means wifi or ethernet?
Its connected with ethernet

Its the internet that goes out - not the wifi signal

Although even when its own , its slow…. For example i have my tv connected via ethernet.. via wifi netflix shows for some time lower res

Forgot to mention that i live in an apartment block.. dont know if this is relevant to wifi connectivity

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Its connected with ethernet

Its the internet that goes out - not the wifi signal

Although even when its own , its slow…. For example i have my tv connected via ethernet.. via wifi netflix shows for some time lower res

Forgot to mention that i live in an apartment block.. dont know if this is relevant to wifi connectivity
Turn off 2.4ghz WiFi and use only 5ghz.
I have around 14 visible 2.4ghz networks around me. At to that Bluetooth stuff that messes with the same frequency range.

OP
G

Georgeadv

Turn off 2.4ghz WiFi and use only 5ghz.
I have around 14 visible 2.4ghz networks around me. At to that Bluetooth stuff that messes with the same frequency range.
If i use 5gz range is limited :p dead end :)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

mSpot

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It wasn't mentioned here, but the OP is in Europe.
My Bad, but as a DSL user out in rural California, DSL is the only option. So OP may have look outside of his building to get a solution. Thanks mSpot for pointing this out. Thought Europe has the highest internet speeds and bandwidth?

OP
G

Georgeadv

My Bad, but as a DSL user out in rural California, DSL is the only option. So OP may have look outside of his building to get a solution. Thanks mSpot for pointing this out. Thought Europe has the highest internet speeds and bandwidth?
where I live there is only 1 that rents out the lines to others....

we are getting fiber within next year....

Snoopy

Major Contributor

I'm in a rural town and 300mbit DSL (unlimited) is pretty much basic.

Fiber and cable is available as well.

Top Bottom