• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon vs Dlna

captain paranoia

Here are the library browsing mode options in BubbleUPnP.

Actually, Bubble is merely reflecting the library browsing modes provided by my Twonky DLNA server. So if you find the browsing modes limited in Bubble, it will be down to your DLNA server, not Bubble itself. I have Twonky set to 'advanced navigation', which enables all those options. I have a couple of options that I have created ('albumartist' being one of them).

BillG

Major Contributor
Agree that the Roon post is straw manning dlna-at least in part. My issue. With my current setup is that the media browsing experience is a bit limited. I may well try your suggestion of playing with controllers.

If you're after a nice User Experience that doesn't require a lot of tweaking, I highly recommend Emby again.

I've used BubbleUPnP as well in past, for streaming from several different DLNA server packages, and found the experience to be lacking. By the way, I'm a professional software engineer with over two decades of experience; it's not like I'm not used to dealing with complex configurations. But for the average home user, who just wants to enjoy their media without a hassle, I can't recommend it... :oops:

simbloke

Forum Donor
I find Bubble DS to be the best Android control point.
I run upmpdcli on my NAS which presents as an OpenHome renderer and controls MPD running on an Odroid C1+.
The media itself is behind minimsever also on the NAS.
It all works quite well but the path there was long and winding!

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If your computer and DACs can handle it, they did so a while back, I believe

Mebbe. I'm still learning how.

Kal do you know how Roon is with multichannel and convolution with either Acourate or Audiolense filters?

Top Bottom