• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon now supports Google Chromecast

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Great news as it will make my testing of Chromcast a lot easier: http://blog.roonlabs.com/chromecast-support-in-roon/

Roon now streams to any Chromecast device! This includes the Google Home family of smart speakers, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio receivers, and a wide range of third party products. In addition to Roon Ready, AirPlay, Sonos, Linn, Devialet AIR, Squeezebox, and other network audio products, this new features boosts the number of Roon-compatible devices into the thousands.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Would it be an idea to test the Ultra? Audio via hdmi vs Toslink?

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
On HDMI video is the master so there would be nothing to measure for audio. What jitter materializes is a function of the HDMI receiver, not transmitter.

doh-homer-simpson-doh.jpg

tensor9

Forum Donor
Will add the iFi spidf iPurifier to the Chromecast review? It is apparently a good combo from what I’ve heard.

Deacon Blues

Hi Amir, I jumped on the Chromecast end point for roon before Google ran out, they've since they stopped manufacturing them. Thank you for the info. It was the best option for me to keep my wife from killing me :cool:

Curious as to general roon settings you use... Example being... linear phase? Etc

Top Bottom