• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon endpoint with HDMI output

OP
D

Deacon Blues

for multichannel - should have mentioned. I use a gigabit brix to my AVR and it streams 2 channel to a CC audio to my 2 channel system but I want to add DSD

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
actually ye for android TV stick. U can get them as cheap as $30.

OP
D

Deacon Blues

So I can use the mini pc to the AVR - move the gigabit PC over to the 2 channel system for a DSD dac input? How do you load apps on it?

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So I can use the mini pc to the AVR - move the gigabit PC over to the 2 channel system for a DSD dac input? How do you load apps on it?
you connect Android TV stick to TV via HDMI. Most TVs have linear audio out or optical SPDIF - you feed that to your DAC. Android TV stick is just like screenless, batteryless phone - you install apps from Google Play.

OP
D

Deacon Blues

OK - so let me get this right. I am currently using a mini PC -> AVR running Roon. it then sends wifi to CCA to a separate 2 channel system. But it has dropouts sometimes. I think its the CCA.

I would like to hear 5.1 DSD but 2 channel DSD will be ok. So I owuld move the PC to the 2 channel rig. and plug the mini stick into the AVR (but no DSD there, no multi channel dacs that are inexpensive.) And Roon would recongize the android TV stick as an endpoint? Any model that would work?

OP
D

Deacon Blues

Can you give me an example of something roon would work on plugged in to the avr

OP
D

Deacon Blues

So the topping d50 can only do 2 channnel - how do i do it wirelessly? can i?

Last edited:
Top Bottom