• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon cannot queue more than 5100 tracks at a time - is this a bug?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not wanting to refactor your entire codebase to address what is likely an edge case, is not a cop out, it's a reasonable strategy from both the business and engineering perspectives. I guarantee that nobody on the business side wants to spend a bunch of money for relatively small gain, and nobody on the engineering side has the time to address what is surely a low-priority issue compared to other bugs + roadmap.

Whether this points to their code being a 'mess' is much harder to assess. Adopting limits to ensure continued compatibility with a wide range of platforms makes sense, provide the company is willing to communicate with and support customers that are impacted. It's also a reasonable short-term solution if there were a known severe issue (eg a massive memory leak), to ensure customers can keep using the software while the real fix is implemented. Do we know if either of those is happening here, or if their code is indeed a 'mess'? We don't, and unless someone from Roon comments, anything said here is speculation.
+1.
I took the liberty to edit your post :)

Peace.

Last edited:

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
@PHD brought up that issue in another thread explaining why he needs these large playlists. That post claimed "Roon CANNOT fully load ANY Foobar2000 saved playlist" (emphasis added by me).

Snoopy

Major Contributor
So you set roon radio to "local files only" and hit shuffle.

Top Bottom