• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roon and NAS installs

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With Roon 2.0, native Apple Silicon support is going to make those M1 Macs really powerful Roon servers.
Yes. The M1 chips are so impressive in their own right and dedicated support for them is awesome. Maybe I'll just load it onto my wife's M1 mini since she leaves that on all the time anyway. :)

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just found this little PC for $145! That is a lot of PC for very little money. This could make a good roon core.
That is a dirt-cheap find but be careful w/celeron chips (imho).
I have found that even the IntelCore i3 (9th gen and beyond) breaks a sweat handling anything beyond 1080p and not much help when the pre-packaged RAM is wanting.
I am not sure if there are any worries if its sole purpose will be as a roon-core.
I guess if you can run roon via (mod'd) raspberry, this may work for the purpose.

Cut-Throat

I just installed Roon core on my Synology 920+ last week, and it went flawlessly and runs great. No need to set up a separate Docker container for it, it will install like a regular package. Couldn't be easier. It's nice to be able to turn off my desktop, or not have to wait for it to wake up, or whatever else.

I have a 1TB SSD in one of the slots, with a 3x12TB Raid in the other three, and obviously loaded the Core and the database on the SSD. This NAS also has a full Plex setup, and runs both of these packages without any problems.
Hello, I am trying to install Roon Core on my Synology DS1520+ NAS ...... I found these intstructions, but I'm stuck

I found this webpage to follow the Synology Install - https://roononnas.org/en/synology/ 1

1.) I created the Shared Folder called ‘RoonServer’ on my Synology DS1520+ NAS
2.) Downloaded the Installer in Step #2 to my Laptop.

Since the Instructions stopped with these 2 Steps, I went to my NAS ‘Package Center’ and tried to do a Manual Install of the File I just loaded to my Laptop. It didn’t like the ‘.spk’ file and gave me the message ‘Invalid File Format. Please contact the Package Developer’.

Cut-Throat

Hello, I am trying to install Roon Core on my Synology DS1520+ NAS ...... I found these intstructions, but I'm stuck

I found this webpage to follow the Synology Install - https://roononnas.org/en/synology/ 1

1.) I created the Shared Folder called ‘RoonServer’ on my Synology DS1520+ NAS
2.) Downloaded the Installer in Step #2 to my Laptop.

Since the Instructions stopped with these 2 Steps, I went to my NAS ‘Package Center’ and tried to do a Manual Install of the File I just loaded to my Laptop. It didn’t like the ‘.spk’ file and gave me the message ‘Invalid File Format. Please contact the Package Developer’.
I found out what was wrong... I am using DSM 7.0 and the link above only has DSM 6- I found another location where 7.0 is and it installed.

Top Bottom