• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room measurement with KEF R3

Marcin

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt to room measurement. My goal is to acoustically optimize the room.

I have KEF R3 loudspeakers set up in my living room, standing on speaker stands that are 75cm high. The dimensions of the room are 520cm x 505 x 253 (L x W x H) and that would be 17.06ft x 16,57 x 8.3. The room is treated like a common room, without any special acoustic absorbers etc. Just some furniture, carpet (2x3m), curtains, two sofas and some flowers here and there. Floor is a wooden oak parquet, walls made of brick (right wall significantly thinner than others).
Room.png

The speakers are set up:
- 90 cm measuring from front wall to the speaker cone (60 cm to back of speaker cabinet)
- about 125 cm from side wall to center of the speaker cone.
- 250 cm apart from each other

Listening position is around 155 cm from the back wall, more or less in the center (this is where I set the mic).

I am attaching the measurements I made using Umik-1 microphone.
This is L + R channel, center position:
LR CENTER.png

This is L+R using RMS average:
LR CENTER RMS AVERAGE.png

This is L+R using Vector average:
LR CENTER VECTOR AVERAGE.png

Spectogram:
SPECTROGRAM.png

Waterfall:
WATERFALL.png

I apologize if I forgot to provide a crucial graph. I can attach all my measurements from different positions (center, bit on the left, right, up, down etc.) and with using foams stuffed in BR port (half foams and full foams). The file is 35MB so I will need to upload it to filehosting service.

I would extremely appreciate your help with making my response as linear as possible.

Top Bottom