• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room measurement comparisons with Dspeaker Antimode and MiniDSP/Dirac

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
He is using the old antimode. Maybe that is different?

To my knowledge all Antimode products including the older use both IIR and FIR and corrects both frequency and time domain.

OP
KxDx

KxDx

To my knowledge all Antimode products including the older use both IIR and FIR and corrects both frequency and time domain.
The Dual Core doesn't process full-range though. On auto it goes up to the 200Hz range and manually you can set it up to 500Hz.

ethernode

Including the 8033 (if you know) ?

napfkuchen

The Dual Core doesn't process full-range though. On auto it goes up to the 200Hz range and manually you can set it up to 500Hz.
This shouldn't be a problem as (current) dsp systems are limited to this frequency range anyway. At least that's what my full range correction (genelec) does above 300 hz ...

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

Yes, but the DSPeaker correction engine is generally very careful above Schroeder anyway. Even with the X2 or X4 you see very limited correction above 4-500hz, and usually almost nothing above 2khz. Which is a good approach imo.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Including the 8033 (if you know) ?

I think so, but it's not entirely clear. But at least from the Dualcore 2.0 and up they have FIR.

But even the 8033 is at least pretty precise, up to 28 filters - which should be plenty between 5-160hz.

1677699726437.png

Top Bottom