• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Room EQ Wizard Import Sweep

MRC01

I've used REW for a while now, taking measurements, importing sweeps, no problems. I just ran into one that I can't figure out.
Using version 5.20 Beta 4, I generated frequency sweep files. Played them back while recording.
Then I go back to REW (same 5.20 Beta 4) and import the sweep recording. REW gives me this error:
1568338931198.png

Problem is, the error message is incorrect. This sweep file was indeed generated from the very same version of REW into which I'm importing it! And the purple chart shows that REW did indeed read the sweep file.
So, REW must be looking for something in this audio file that it's not finding. What could that be? You can see the sync pulse is also there just before the sweep.
I've done this lots of times and never seen this before.

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
I had that happen a few versions back. Only one of my computers had the error. I rolled back to the prior version of REW on that machine. When the next update happened everything worked fine.

So may or may not be your problem. I'd probably just go back one step and wait for 5.21 to come out.

MRC01

Ah I just figured it out. It's a 2 step process and I forgot the first step. Step 1: load the stimulus (original WAV generated by REW). Step 2: load the response (WAV that was recorded). I forgot step 1.
Brain fart, nothing to see here, move along...

Blumlein 88

Major Contributor
Ah I just figured it out. It's a 2 step process and I forgot the first step. Step 1: load the stimulus (original WAV generated by REW). Step 2: load the response (WAV that was recorded). I forgot step 1.
Brain fart, nothing to see here, move along...
Don't feel bad. I need the updated version of REW that automatically fixes brain farts.

Top Bottom