• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room Correction

tntmcdade

I just sold my Linn Selekt dsm and it had room correction that I really liked. I have a Boulder 866 on order and it does not have any room correction. Anyone have luck with some of the room correction services that I see online? Thanks, Todd

davidfletcher

I am interested in how you dealt with this and did it work, what did you use? how? Also what is the Boulder 866 like? I am considering it myself, like what I have heard and hoping to try it in the next few weeks but my question/ concern is the same as yours, room correction makes a HUGE difference in my room as I Have a large floor to ceiling window that is lovely for the view but terrible for acoustics :)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I find that just ameliorating any large bass peaks is enough in a traditionally furnished room, measure with REW which will also calculate the correct filter parameters, then apply with Roon, JRiver or a dac/processor such as the RME range.
Keith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How do you expect to do room correction? The device itself doesn't have any EQ functionalities, so you'll need an external device to do that. You could do it via Roon, but that means it only works with Roon. Do you need analogue inputs? What about MiniDSP SHD?

Top Bottom