• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room Correction with Schiit Lokius?

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Couse its absolutly not a waste. 20HZ is lower bass, you schould not forget that 20Hz is only the center frequence and this still influences 50-60Hz heavy. Bassdrum region. And 16khz is air. But this also influences down to 13khz heavy. Thats the upper highs region cymbals and overtones. Add some subtile brilliance or take out some sharpnes, metallicity. Overall very usefull if gently used. This thing is not meant to correct small q errors. Surely this 20Hz can be dangerous, especaly for ported speakers if not used with some brain.

Fair enough.

PeteL

Major Contributor
Obviously it's not for room correction or even speakers in general. Like the original Loki, it's quite useful for headphone users (think of HD800 etc with the 20hz and 6-8khz tuning..). Nothing wrong with not wanting to mess with computers or crappy minidsp units. I have no personal use for it, buy I'd almost want to buy it just to support releasing such a device. :)
What's crappy about miniDSP?

Shoaibexpert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I’m using Dirac with mini dsp on a 2.1 setup through Freya + preamp. Results are lovely. FWIW I didn’t want to spend the extra money for the minidsp but in the end I am very happy with it.
Hi, I am setting up a 2.1 setup as well but don't have DAC/Amp with DIRAC built in. Did you buy a special SW or MiniDSP HW? And in your setup/Dirac, does the Subwoofer need to be separately corrected (multichannel)? Thanks

eigentone

Very few people have had the opportunity to play with a system with a Cello Palette in it. If the Lokius truly resembles the capability of the Pallette it can substantially improve the musical enjoyability of most systems with no eq capability. The other advantage of Burwin's design is it's quick and easy to use with only your ears. At $300 it's a no brainer, if it is indeed close to the Palette in function and musicality.

Reactions: pjn

JayGilb

Major Contributor
I purchased a Rane RPM 22 for room correction. All of my music is served from a pc, so it works quite well.
It has a software 15 band adjustable parametric and 31 band eq for correction. Lots of other whistles and bells and seems to be sonically transparent. I run it via AES/EBU, but it also has analog in/outs.

helom

I’m running a Lokius with my Benchmark LA4/AHB2 stack. Absolutely dead-silent but of course I’m using the balanced connections. Excellent addition to my system and wouldn’t want to be without it. My room is well sorted and treated but still benefits from some slight EQ. Lokius is the best POS I’ve owned.

Mike-48

do you believe this device could be satisfactory in adjusting the FR to accommodate my very hard surfaces?
Maybe, if a broad-band treble reduction would do the trick. But more typically (as others have pointed out) one uses less broadband EQ with adjustable Q and f to accomplish room correction. If possible, it would be better to absorb some of those reflections bouncing around -- it will give a more satisfactory result.

Top Bottom