• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room correction - Linux

dasdoing

Major Contributor
I had played around with some of the new trace arithmetic features in REW. Interestingly, I have noticed even more new additions/changes now from last I checked. However, there are several missing convenient features that I prefer to use in rePhase that REW does not have. Like tap limiting for creating quite economic/efficient filters — though, I think you’d probably not really need or care for that…

when you create phase filters in REW you control the lenght of the IR via windowing (of the meassurment you are inverting).
a lot of trail and error is needed, expecially in terms of pre-delay. And afair some tricks are needed for the LF rolloff. I took a lot of notes but have no access to my PC atm.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
when you create phase filters in REW you control the lenght of the IR via windowing (of the meassurment you are inverting).
a lot of trail and error is needed, expecially in terms of pre-delay. And afair some tricks are needed for the LF rolloff. I took a lot of notes but have no access to my PC atm.

Interesting, though a rather roundabout way of doing things. Hmmmn, maybe I’ll try experimenting with what can be done again as well later just for the heck of it.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
basicly two steps:
1) create minimum phase version > invert
2) convolve (multiply) meassurement with that filter and create excess pahse version > invert
3) optionally you can than invert to a target curve
4) the final filter is a convolution of the 3 or 4 filters

now, this is obviously only the concept: windowing is needed for the real world

Top Bottom