• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

room acoustic help

chironex

Could you help me improve the acoustics of my room?
the measurements are 5x3 m, my hifi system is composed of an MA8000 amplifier, Sonus Faber Olympica I speakers and a roon based Innuos streamer. These are the curves.
Best wishes
Enzo

Attachments

• clarity.jpg
    clarity.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 88
  • waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 80
  • all spl.jpg
    all spl.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 81

as labs

hello! seems you are having some low frequency problems, but i can't really tell what i'm looking at here without some context of the measurement. Also, the frequency response graph is partially obscured by the options...

source location and mic position would be a good start (photos help!)
sketch or plan of the room is nice (if not, pictures are helpful)

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Like most rooms, you have low frequency energy building up, from room modes and speaker boundary reflections.

I recommend building or buying 10 2x4ft 5.5" thick absorption panels, and placing them at your first reflections, including ceiling. Then measure again to see what further treatment is needed, and where to apply room EQ.

Subwoofer integration should also be considered, as this will smooth out the bass response considerably. 20dB of deviation is extreme even for a totally untreated room.

Top Bottom