• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Roku 4K HDR to 1080 HDR TV?

Yameyo

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem. I have an HDR capable 1080 TV, which my Roku autodetects the 1080 resolution of. All of the content I can find that is HDR is also 4K. The Roku will not send this content to my TV as it recognises that the TV does not support the required resolution, so I miss out on the HDR too. Does anyone know of a device that I could place in the chain between the Roku and the TV that would accept the 4K HDR signal and then downscale it to the 1080 that the TV does support, please?

DrStranger

I have an old Philips flagship LED (no HDR) my self and I run Apple TV 4k. I know my old PTV cant change any settings and I checked the manual for your tv, same there, one cannot force that , so I asume you have to find the Roku Video settings that either let the content control what mode it will display or a hard setting in any type of video settings, similar to my ATV4K where I can force the resolution as well as the SDR or HDR version of the resolution output. Make sure your cable is good as well.

Good luck.

Top Bottom