• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rode Golder Ear Test

Tks

Major Contributor
For someone 100% clueless about the microphone industry, I feel I did eh okay?

Though I can't see what I got wrong because I don't know what I was supposed to be listening out for in some of the tests ;(

For example I tried to rationalize what the difference between an under boom mic, vs over boom mic sound would be like (thinking about how maybe bass might be higher in the underboom?) And the questions differentiating mic brands, I can hear the difference, but I wish I could get a taste of what each was supposed to sound like so I can A/B them ;(

Fun test though.

7I7YgQU.png

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not so good here! Glad I don't know anything about microphones because if I did, this would be really embarrassing!
1578886447502.png

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not bad for someone who only knows how different types of mics work and their limitations

Capture.PNG

oldsysop

The maximum frequency you can hear is:
9706 Hz
Your hearing age is:

My age : 49
Sennheiser HD202

:oops::rolleyes::confused:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My hearing age is also 55. I was surprised because I’m 60, have tinnitus and hearing loss in my right ear.

I used my Plantronics Back Beat Pro2 Bluetooth headphones on my iPhone 10.

A4844CA3-392E-42AD-B0C0-C2ADE397DBC8.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom