• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2017 Day 2

noobie1

Very nice writeup of the Revel room. Is the F228 Be just a smaller version of the Salon 2 or does it generate a very different feel?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Very nice writeup of the Revel room. Is the F228 Be just a smaller version of the Salon 2 or does it generate a very different feel?

It's an F208 with ne Be tweeter and some other tweaks. The entire Revel product line sounds very similar by design.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks. As Don mentions, as the member of the family it sounds very similar. But they are not equal. Kevin said in double blind tests the Salon 2 murders the F228 Be. Sigh of relief as an owner of Salon 2. :)

The F228 Be is the top of the line of Performa series which is the mid-level speakers for Revel. Salon 2 is above that.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, the show finished and I am back at the hotel for a few minutes before having dinner with an industry friend.

I polled a number of manufacturers and all were positive on the show being valuable and good. That should guarantee its existence next year unlike some other shows that are suffering.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Focal speakers and Krell electronics:
6T5A2159.jpg
6T5A2160.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Focal and Krell: So Far Away by Dire Straits. https://shz.am/t5165376

Dire Straits got fair bit of play at this show which I consider in all but one instance to be a mistake. Yes many of us like the music but in this day and age, it is not where fidelity is at.

To wit, in this system it sounded bright and shrill.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The lovely, French Canadian singer was signing her music releases with the latest produced by my friend, Gary Koh of Genesis. I grabbed this quick shot of Gary taking her RMAF award:

6T5A2173.jpg

What a great singer and person she is. If you have not heard her music, you need to seek it out. She sat in that seat religiously for the entire duration of the show and even ate her lunch there! Merci Anne! :)

Top Bottom