• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2017 Day 2

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Thanks. As Don mentions, as the member of the family it sounds very similar. But they are not equal. Kevin said in double blind tests the Salon 2 murders the F228 Be. Sigh of relief as an owner of Salon 2. :)

The F228 Be is the top of the line of Performa series which is the mid-level speakers for Revel. Salon 2 is above that.

Ditto!

Nice job as always Amir. Hope you make it out before it gets bad tomorrow! At my house; shouldn't be as bad around Denver.

upload_2017-10-8_18-59-21.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi Don. My flight is at 1:00pm on Monday so I guess I will be experiencing snow tomorrow!

Remarkable given how it looked this afternoon:

6T5A2341.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous and the proverbial calm before the storm.

Cosmik

Major Contributor

TitaniumTroy

Ayon: Long Distance Call by Muddy Waters. https://shz.am/t418992

The sound fully enveloped the room. So much so that I thought they were using some kind of 3-D processing. I asked them about it and they said that the drivers had very wide dispersion and were filling the room that way. Quite a unique feel. It was as if the room was a lot more reverberant than it was. This can be pleasant on some music but hearing it all the time would be wear one down.

I would really like to hear these sometime for their 3-D sound. Even if I would get tired of it over time, would still be interesting. 3D sound is a major reason I love Maggies. Amir do your remember how the bass was, supposedly the use no damping in the design, just some special port.

Top Bottom