• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rockford Fosgate Tour - How a speaker goes from a thought to a final product

Jdunk54nl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is a cool video that 5 star car audio did at the Rockford Fosgate headquarters in Tempe, Arizona.

They go through and interview different people involved with a speaker and amp manufacturing from the initial thought, initial design, stress tests, to the final released product, and finally to implementing it into a system.

At 54:37 is @Justin Zazzi who makes everything work together and is reason our Phoenix friends get to use the Rockford Facility for listening tests. He has designed a lot of cool things using DSP for UTV's and Harleys.
You can check out some of the cool tech Justin (and some others probably helped) did for dsp stuff here if you scroll down to the key features section and see all of the dsp controlled stuff: https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/c/motorcycle-audio
I am pretty sure Justin went to Hogwarts and is a wizard...at least a wizard of waves or even, as his business card says, a wave shepherd.

I have toured Rockford a number of times now and it is a cool place to go. I am sure if you wanted to tour it, Justin could arrange something for you.

I really liked how they went really in depth of all of the different systems they use to design and test speakers. The car they show with the 19" sub is insane. So much bass in that thing. Also that boom room stress test is very cool to see too.

Last edited:

Justin Zazzi

Confirming I am a wizard.

Top Bottom