• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rock music is Dead? (Spoiler: No)

Robin L

Master Contributor
Stabbed in the back in some alley, probably Mo Levy's work.

Figures, don't it?

Haflermichi

Two words.

1-mastodon-band-anika-roth.jpg

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Oh shit yeah! I'm really digging this! Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll pay it forward. Here's a band I stumbled across watching a "metal bands from other countries" video and these guys really stood out and kicked some ass. It doesn't hurt that they sing in English too. They're really heavy, but you can hear the cultural influences too. Good stuff.

Bloodywood: Machi Bhasad (Expect A Riot!)

Okay. I am Impressed. And that title of the Album. Whoooooy Booey!
When I was a Kid I would always play the Dholak at Poojas. It had to be the ONLY time in my life at that point I heard Indian style music without an Echo Effects chain put on max annoying. It needs some polish in the mastering. Something tells me they will sound WAY better live.

This has that Korn Bass vibe in it. Man, I love how it goes in deep.

And with that? I think I blew something on the left channel. WOOPIE! Kiy YA! Just in time for s summer refresh!

Pogre

Okay. I am Impressed. And that title of the Album. Whoooooy Booey!
When I was a Kid I would always play the Dholak at Poojas. It had to be the ONLY time in my life at that point I heard Indian style music without an Echo Effects chain put on max annoying. It needs some polish in the mastering. Something tells me they will sound WAY better live.

This has that Korn Bass vibe in it. Man, I love how it goes in deep.

And with that? I think I blew something on the left channel. WOOPIE! Kiy YA! Just in time for s summer refresh!
Thought you might like that one. I'm not sure how established Bloodywood is. Looks like they just started out kinda messing around and have started putting some real songs together. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

So I shared that Bad Omens video with a buddy of mine and he replied with one of his own. Craig Reynolds "Guillotine", Stray From The Path. It's a drum cam and their drummer showcases some great chops on a very simple kit.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
You ever notice no matter what band, the drummer never gets fat or out of shape? Even after 2o years?
All this crap about not getting lucky. Just get a drumset! Problems solved!
The drummer is Full TILT!
1650981835885.png

They guys moving so fast, he blurs.
1650981956700.png

Notice EVERYTHING is in focus. Yet, his Sticks damn near disappear !
1650982329771.png

1650983413141.png

There are 2 people you don't want to get in a fight with. A drummer is one of them!

Pogre

You ever notice no matter what band, the drummer never gets fat or out of shape? Even after 2o years?
All this crap about not getting lucky. Just get a drumset! Problems solved!
The drummer is Full TILT!
View attachment 202498.

They guys moving so fast, he blurs.
View attachment 202499

Notice EVERYTHING is in focus. Yet, his Sticks damn near disappear !
View attachment 202500
View attachment 202503
There are 2 people you don't want to get in a fight with. A drummer is one of them!
I played drums for a long time so I definitely have a soft spot for drummers. One of the best of the best, and one of my all time favorite videos and performances, to your point, a very in shape Danny Carey, pushing 60, and absolutely killing it in this.

That performance induces goosebumps for me. He's truly one of the greats. Up there with Peart and Bonham imo.

*For the record, Tool is my favorite band. I love many bands but none have the same effect on me as Tool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom