• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME vs Lynx

charbug

I have to get a new audio interface? Using a RME UC at the moment to interface with JRiver. Having driver issues that Jriver is working to resolve when trying to go Live in using ASIO drivers. I need a min of 5 analogue outs, a pair of analogue in for vinyl and either SPIF or optical for CD player. Thinking of getting the new RME UCX II when it hits the street only if Jriver resolves driver issues with RME. Other products that work are motu, and looking at the Lynx Hilo. Downside of Hilo I have to buy a mic preamp and use headphones out to drive an amp because I will be using 3 amps. Also I have read the Hilo is superb sound quality but the technology in it is over 8 years old and I do wonder if the new RME will sound just as good at about $800 cheaper and it has built in mic preamp. I also hate totalmix because you are one wrong mouse click away from blowing a speaker driver. Looking for recommendations because this will be last purchase for a long while and I'm looking forward to Mitch dialing in the system with audiolense and finally enjoying some quality audio.

JG2020

Curious about the problem with JRiver & RME ASIO drivers - is this with regular replay. What is meant by 'trying to go Live'.
I have a Digiface USB and FF UCX, no problems with JRMC (v. 26.0.107 64-bit on Win10) ASIO replay.

Top Bottom