• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME TotalMix FX - loopback feature

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi @MC_RME

I saw this below on your instagram page.

I want a loopback software to feed HQPlayer Desktop software, to capture Tidal/Qobuz/Amazon Music/Spotify/YouTube app audio and input it into HQPlayer.

HQPlayer Desktop does allow loopback input.

My question - is the loopback feature of TotalMix FX bit perfect? So automatic sample rate switching is supported and bit perfect?

If so - how do I download the software? I just ordered a new ADI-2 DAC FS from my local dealer.

1587209628607.png

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
TotalMix and TotalMix FX are hardware DSP functions in our range of Thunderbolt, USB, FireWire and PCI Express audio interfaces.. The 'software' is only the remote control for that. The ADIs don't have that functionality/software.

Monstieur

TotalMix and TotalMix FX are hardware DSP functions in our range of Thunderbolt, USB, FireWire and PCI Express audio interfaces.. The 'software' is only the remote control for that. The ADIs don't have that functionality/software.
Can I mix the analog and USB inputs from different sources together for headphone output on the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE? Does this also require TotalMix?

The manual (https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2profsr_e.pdf) mentions TotalMix and I thought it was supported. In hindsight it now reads like the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE is being compared to some other interface which supports TotalMix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom