• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME DAC ADI 2 FS XLR line outputs

FabriceS

Hi,

I have a RME ADI-2 FS DAC. It has 2 unbalanced RCA line outputs and 2 XLR line outputs (not servo balanced!). I am using the RCA line outputs to connect my integrated amp. I want to connect my active subwoofer to my DAC as well. But my sub only has rca line inputs. What do I need to transform a balanced signal into an unbalanced one? There are all kind of adapters available but which one do I need?

Thank you,
FabriceS

Attachments

• FB4D17A6-F324-4BDC-BFA2-BC0FC59F0B6C.jpeg
    FB4D17A6-F324-4BDC-BFA2-BC0FC59F0B6C.jpeg
    936 KB · Views: 153
OP
F

FabriceS

That is exactly what I need. Pin 3 is floating with this solution. Thank you very much gvl!

gvl

Major Contributor
You're welcome. Benchmark has a similar cable for a bit more $.

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have my DAC connected via XLR outputs working fine. However when trying to run in parallel the RCA out to my Crown amp in bridge mode I'm getting no output to the RCA connected sub. This is supposed to work by default right, there is no setting for dual output as far as I find? Any suggestions?

Top Bottom