• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

RME ADI-2 vs D50s+Atom, audible difference for Aeon Closed?

geek101

Patreon Donor
Is it final that I cannot buy RME products to ship to US from m.thomannmusic.com ?. I have never noticed such a restriction before. Wondering if this is something new or a well known restriction across various products.

Last edited:
@geek101

Aeon Closed have a flat impedance of ~12 ohms, so it's really important your headphone amp has 1 ohm output impedance or less.

Both ADI-2 and Atom do, so both tick that important box.

One cool feature ADI-2 has is Bauer crossfeed DSP, built-in: http://bs2b.sourceforge.net/

I really like Bauer crossfeed DSP with headphones and it's cool that ADI-2 has it built-in, for any input.

I've considered the same combo you have but built-in Bauer crossfeed DSP is enough to make me go with RME.

ADI-2 has other DSP options built-in also. It's quite feature packed.
Actually no , planar headphones don't low output impedance like dynamic headphones. They just need an amp capable of high current.

Top Bottom