• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Davelemi

Forum Donor
I bought this RME only for its looks and it has certainly exceeded my expectations. FWIW, it has no problem driving my ModHouse Fostex T60s either.

Tks

Major Contributor
Fingers still crossed for this

rme.jpg

sjeesjie

A couple more inputs would be nice. The Denafrips Ares II and the Chord Qutest have this advantage on my shortlist.
I'd like to see something the RME does, but solely focussed on the equalization part. Maybe even a USB output :D

dresler

Hi everyone,
The volume knob on my RME has some jumpy-ness to it (actually, all the knobs do. I just rarely use the others, so I don't have video of it). It's not like it happens all the time, but it happens enough to be annoying.
I've tried attaching a video of it here.
Is this considered within normal margins, or is it reason enough to request a repair?

RPG

Forum Donor
Hi everyone,
The volume knob on my RME has some jumpy-ness to it (actually, all the knobs do. I just rarely use the others, so I don't have video of it). It's not like it happens all the time, but it happens enough to be annoying.
Is this considered within normal margins, or is it reason enough to request a repair?

It's possible that what you're experiencing may be normal operation of the rotary encoder. From the manual:

"The encoders use a special accelerator algorithm. Fast turning increases the step size. At moderate turning speed the changes in dB cause the expected volume change. Only at slower turning the finest steps will be used."

dresler

It's possible that what you're experiencing may be normal operation of the rotary encoder. From the manual:

"The encoders use a special accelerator algorithm. Fast turning increases the step size. At moderate turning speed the changes in dB cause the expected volume change. Only at slower turning the finest steps will be used."

I would've thought so too, if it wasn't for the fact that the volume also jumps in the opposite "direction" of my turning. Ie. I turn the volume down but instead the volume level jumps up by 2~4 dB. This also sometimes happen when I turn the knob a single "tick," where this acceleration shouldn't happen.

Schackmannen

Forum Donor
Hi everyone,
The same thing happens to my unit but I always use the remote to change the volume anyways so it doesn't botter me at all.

Top Bottom