• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC starts sounding distorted after a couple hours of play (Footage). (Or is it the MPA-S250NC XLR amplifier?)

Slyceth

I got 2 LS50 Meta's and a SB-2000 Pro, hooked up to an Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR and RME ADI-2 DAC, and watching video it starts getting distorted after a couple hours of playing. It used to be fine for months, and then it happened once a week ago, then another 3 days ago, and today it happened twice in one day. Is it because I leave both equipment on at night? I get it fixed by turning the RME ADI-2 DAC off and back on with the remote, so I assume the fault lies in the DAC.

Somebody please advice me on this, here is a video of the sound after it gets distorted. Is it the DAC or might it be the amp?:

I already tried changing USB ports, it's hooked up to my PC (5000 series Ryzen, 3000 series Geforce GPU)

https://streamable.com/0gdh8y

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you on the latest firmware?

Are you using the RME ASIO drivers, or as a plug and play with the Windows UAC2 driver?

Top Bottom