• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC Review

wynpalmer

Technical Expert
I have read and heard in many reviews that the RME lacks depth when playing.
I have an RME ADI-2 PRO FS and it absolutely does not lack depth. I can digitize LPs and do an ABX comparison and no-one yet has been able to tell the difference. and my system reproduces depth extremely well.
In fact, a couple of those who have heard my system have purchased ADI-2 DACs and their systems don't lack depth either.
Depth perception, amongst other things, is quite dependent on exact level matching. Great care needs to be performed when making the comparison.

Bliman

One thing I really want to know. I have a remote for my cd player and a remote for my RME. But I don't have a remote for my power amplifier. Now when I listen at night in bed I can put both off but not my power amplifier. Is it harmful that my power amplifier is on but that I turn off my RME which is also functioning as a preamplifier and also turn off my cd player?

Bliman

How warm is the amp when you are not using it?
It is just warm. Like I can hold my hand on it as long as I want.
I don't know if you want the exact temperature. If you want that then I will try to measure it next time.

Bliman

So nobody knows if you can let the power amplifier on and the preamp and dac and cdplayer off? I am also getting lots of static shocks lately when I turn of the power amplifier or Dac. Is this normal?

Top Bottom