• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 DAC or Topping D90

aleks223

Hi,

What would be more suited for a living room use, where the streamer will consist of a Raspberry pi, then followed by a power amplifier with Hypex modules driving a pair of Dali Oberon 7?

The only differences are that I can get the RME in 2 days, and the price difference is around 200$. Is it worth it to go with the RME?

Audiophonic

Forum Donor
hi,
I have had the same setup, just with monitor audio silver 300 speakers. I'd go every day with the ADI 2 because of the advanced dsp and equalizer functions. those are great in a living rooom to tailer the sound to your taste and room. most of the time living rooms can't be (room)treated as well as you could with a specific listening space that doesn't require WAF.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only differences are that I can get the RME in 2 days,
Hum. Nope, there are much more differences that that!;)

Apart from the fact both are completely different units, the ADI-2 will be a much better preamp. More precise volume control and Auto Ref Level analogue stages.

I wouldn't hesitate one second for your specific use.

rockna65

I would choose German ...anybody have a good suggestion for a speaker amp for my computer desktop setup??

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would choose German ...anybody have a good suggestion for a speaker amp for my computer desktop setup??
Depending of your needs (or location), any Ncore Amps from @March Audio, @Audiophonics, @Apollon Audio, Nord...

Possibly. Since the @Audiophonics line-up grew up quite SIGNIFICANTLY (with names changed and somewhat confusing), I think it deserves some clarification:

Mono amps:

- NC250MP based: PA-M250NC, 319€
- NC500MP based: MPA-M500NC, 449€
- NC400DIY based: MPA-M400NC, 699€

Stereo amps:

- NC122MP based: PA-S125NC, RCA or XLR, 269€
- NC252MP based: MPA-S252NC, RCA or XLR, 469€
- NC250MP based: HPA-S250NC, 699€
- NC500MP based: HPA-S500NC, 899€
- NC400DIY based: HPA-S400NC, 1490€

Prices in €, including VAT.

rockna65

Thank you Vintage , can I connect one of these amps balanced to the RME ID2??…, also are these all class D amps??..or Class AB??….looking
to connect passive speakers for my desktop set up...thanks...

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I really want the new unit to get measured here so we can see how they compare on all the tests, not just sinad.

ShiZo

Forum Donor
The rme adi 2 dac v2 with akm 4493. I had the v1 with the akm 4490 so I'm extremely curious how it compares.

I really want to see how clean the multitone is on the new one.

rockna65

Vintage ...how can I output from the RME ADI 2 from my computer via optical , coax ., AES?...???...is my only output option from my computer USB??...can I use a hub to output USB or is it better to connect directly??..
any hubs that out put optical straight into DAC...

Xyrium

Forum Donor
Vintage ...how can I output from the RME ADI 2 from my computer via optical , coax ., AES?...???...is my only output option from my computer USB??...can I use a hub to output USB or is it better to connect directly??..
any hubs that out put optical straight into DAC...

I'm sure by now you figured out that you can connect it via optical from your PC. Are you having issues with USB? RME is one of those rare solutions which not only provide top notch hardware, but also support, and drivers. Given the latter, I'd expect USB to be rock solid on your PC.

Top Bottom