• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

FINFET

Forum Donor
MC just replied the thread in RME forum concerning the price. I think he is not willing to spread numbers for now but the device will definitely cost much higher than 1600 Euros.

artburda

1'600 VAT (USD/EUR and CHF where I live I suppose it's ab
Please stop spreading fake news and first check your facts. MC just wrote in the RME forum that the price is expected to be in the EUR 2‘500.- range with the 40 watt SMPS. The price of the new optional PSU is tba.

villason

Thanks for the update. For 2500 EUR I will just go back to the idea of getting a cheap combo and do the EQ with the CPU.

jae

Major Contributor
Well, is this not effectively an ADI-2 PRO with extra toys/features...? If the PRO is selling for $2000 on sweetwater right now (that's with $400 "off") logic would dictate that this would be a similar price, so $2000-2400 or more. So maybe I have to rethink the purchase. If it is in fact $1600 I would not think twice.

spnc

Please stop spreading fake news and first check your facts. MC just wrote in the RME forum that the price is expected to be in the EUR 2‘500.- range with the 40 watt SMPS. The price of the new optional PSU is tba.

I just fished throwing a number in the air and you just did the job for me. Thanks that's the answer I was looking for.

You can now go back to sleep police informer/snitch :)

villason

I was investigating the ADI-2 DAC FS and realized there is probably gonna be an updated ADI-2/4 DAC, right? This thing is too expensive to miss the new iteration for a few months.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was investigating the ADI-2 DAC FS and realized there is probably gonna be an updated ADI-2/4 DAC, right? This thing is too expensive to miss the new iteration for a few months.
I don't know where you got that impression from, but I highly doubt it.

The Pro will get a bigger brother, with a more powerful DSP, a change of DAC/ADC chips and a modified internal routing (that's, I guess, where the 2/4 in the name comes from)

None of this applies to the DAC.

villason

I don't know where you got that impression from, but I highly doubt it.

The Pro will get a bigger brother, with a more powerful DSP, a change of DAC/ADC chips and a modified internal routing (that's, I guess, where the 2/4 in the name comes from)

None of this applies to the DAC.
Isn't the DAC version a stripped down Pro? So the DAC 2/4 will be a stripped down Pro 2/4, without any of the ADC features.

Major selling points would be the new DSP providing equivalent capabilities of software EQ (ie, 10 customizable bands) and the 4.4mm balanced jack.

That would be the ultimate endgame DAC for home HiFi use cases.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Isn't the DAC version a stripped down Pro? So the DAC 2/4 will be a stripped down Pro 2/4, without any of the ADC features.
A new DAC version has not been announced. It is not precluded that a new DAC will be announced later, as usually new products are kept secret until their announcement.

Labjr

Major Contributor
The current DAC is being discounted everywhere. Probably because it's being replaced by a new model. So they're clearing them out.

spnc

The current DAC is being discounted everywhere. Probably because it's being replaced by a new model. So they're clearing them out.

A new DAC version has not been announced. If there was a new DAC in the pipeline we would have heard about it the same way we heard about the 2/4 Pro.

It's been discounted for a long time because it's an old product and all products end up being discounted after a few years versus their original price.

RME seems totally focused on releasing 2/4 Pro right now (and keeping to the schedule seems to be a challenge in itself), so there won't be a release of an hypothetic new DAC version, if any, before 2023 H2 in my humble opinion.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Mostly more power on the 4.4 mm output and more DSP, that's it. Personally I would not upgrade mine.

Top Bottom