• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2021 - No JBL or Focal? Smaller this Year?

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Trying to decide whether to go to RMAF. I want to, but it seems like it's more boutique speaker makers and I want to listen to Dutch & Dutch, Kii, the JBL M2, and Dan Clark Stealth headphones.

Searching the company list, if JBL and Focal aren't on there, perhaps it's smaller this year?

I'd even enjoy listening to Genelec systems though I already own one. Doesn't seem like most of these companies go to RMAF, and though Genelec is at NAB in Las Vegas, it's way too loud to enjoy.

Perhaps there is a better show for state of the art brands? Is RMAF worth going to this year?

AllanMarcus

I’m debating too. If I were local, it would be a no-brainer. But it’s about a 6 Hour drive for me, plus nights in a hotel. Given the small exhibitor list, I will probably pass this year. Sad.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently there is also no more RMAF. Like forever.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Searching the company list, if JBL and Focal aren't on there, perhaps it's smaller this year?
Harman usually has a sealer or two that show their brands like JBL. Assuming of course that they show up this year.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Really? Is it official or a rumor?

According to the e-mail I received this morning from the show's directors,

"... we announce that the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest as we have all known it will be no more. It has been our very great pleasure to have served this community of audio professionals. We have learned so much from you! Thank you for 17 years of friendship and support. It has meant more than you can possibly imagine."

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
According to the e-mail I received this morning from the show's directors,

"... we announce that the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest as we have all known it will be no more. It has been our very great pleasure to have served this community of audio professionals. We have learned so much from you! Thank you for 17 years of friendship and support. It has meant more than you can possibly imagine."

Wow, that is... disheartening! Apparently the word is just trickling out.

Blah - Don

OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sad to see it go if it's going.

That being said, I need another audio show in the US.

Genelec, Kii, Dutch & Dutch are who I'd like to see in attendance. Maybe JBL, but only if they bring the M2 and it's actually good and not just loud.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Genelec, Kii, Dutch & Dutch are who I'd like to see in attendance. Maybe JBL, but only if they bring the M2 and it's actually good and not just loud.

I don't recall ever seeing Genelec or Dutch & Dutch or the JBL M2 at a high-end audio show in the US. Saw Klein & Hummel (who was subsequently bought out by Neumann) in a high-end home audio demo room at CES in Las Vegas many years ago.

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Not sure why they didn't coordinate the website with the email....

Yah... I never went. Planned to a few times but work usually cropped up, and one year the flu. Oh well, probably saved me some $$$. Still, sad to see that one go, since it seemed to be one of the biggest and best, and was close enough for me to attend.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah, it's odd that they have not updated the web site.

Edit: They just now did.

Last edited:
OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't recall ever seeing Genelec or Dutch & Dutch or the JBL M2 at a high-end audio show in the US. Saw Klein & Hummel (who was subsequently bought out by Neumann) in a high-end home audio demo room at CES in Las Vegas many years ago.

That's unfortunate. There is a store in Colorado that was willing to set up a demo of the Dutch & Dutch 8C and a Kii Three, I could bring my Genelecs though they aren't the newest, and then we'd only be missing the M2.

Sugarbubble

Sad to see it go if it's going.

That being said, I need another audio show in the US.

Capital audiofest in rockville md this november. Worth a look.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Hope somebody gets the story behind the cancellation and permanent dissolution of the show...

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Another critical blow to the retailer (brick & mortar/dealers) business model I think.

Top Bottom