• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: Vivid, Luxman, Merging+, TechDAS, Kyomi Audio

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Thanks a lot for the details Philip. And it was as always a pleasure to see you in person. Thanks for the great music and yes, would love to have the high-res version of the demo CD!
You would be wise to send Phillip a hard drive. :)

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Amir,
The Mahler 3, first movement was from a session recording by Tom Caulfield for Channel Classics which which might be released in DSD256 in both stereo & multi-channel. Channel Classics normally records in DSD64. While Jared Sacks normally records with 24 microphones in DSD64, Tom only used 5 microphones in an ITE configuration (similar to a DECCA tree). There was no equalization, sweetening applied to this recording yet.
Ivan Fischer conducted the Budapest Festival Orchestra at the Bela Bartok National Concert Hall in Budapest. Playing this recording at home on the Giya G1, we can clearly hear that the winds are 20' away from the listener, while the bass drum blows past the walls at 50' away. The sense of space is extremely well captured, not only from the L to R, but the sense of depth is staggering.

BTW, lovely photos

Philip
P.S. Great meeting you in person. Let me know if you need the high rez files of Demo XVIII
Phillip,
You ever wish you were still a DJ?
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-djs/steve-aoki-net-worth/
SteveAoki-970x544.jpg

Hibernian

It was a little different thirty years ago in Spain ! I wrote / edited the Play Lists and left the DJs bask in the light. I only chose the music and organized the sequence. Otherwise, there were too many small problems to deal with on a continual basis to perform as DJ myself.

My small claim to fame was that I could predict +/- 5 minutes when all the female patrons would climb up on the tables, bar counters & shake their asses in front of the guys. It was a completely unrehearsed event that happened at some time every night. It did not happen anywhere else in town. You can imagine, the guys loved it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
My "Celebrity Net worth" is $0.

<---- Which also happens to be what I paid for my avatar.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Hibernian

Amir

What did you think of Fremer's "RL" vinyl rip of Whole Lotta Love ? I will include it on the USB stick for you to listen to at home.
Around 200,000ish pressings were done of Robert Ludwig's 'HOT mix' which, like Hendrix's 'Ladyland' 1st masters, caused some poor-quality phonograph needles to 'skip'. Thus, a repress ordered by Ertegün at Atlantic. All subsequent copies were the remastered, low dynamics variety. I need to get my hands on this copy. Though expect to spend $hundreds for a Mint- copy.

Cheers,
Philip

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Little vivid g4's ?

Tried them but they were too small for my needs .
Too big for me, I love my B1s.
But when I want to summon Cthulhu, the Giyas will be mine!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Too big for me, I love my B1s.
But when I want to summon Cthulhu, the Giyas will be mine!
The b1 is excellent, I wish I’d kept mine and added 2 subs intergrated with dsp taking the heavy lifting off the b1’s base/mid driver.

Imo that’s more fun than my G3.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Congratulations you achieved a very convincing likeness ..

Is Ray an imposter? Is nothing sacred? :p

Just another one of us anonymous urbanites. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom