• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: Technics

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A6707.jpg

I was disappointed in Technics showing at other shows. They had people on stand that had no experience with selling high-end. What a difference this show made with proper staff and music. As a result their system shone a lot better than they did in the past.

Some of you may know (?) that I am friends with the president of Panasonic, Tsuga-san: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuhiro_Tsuga

He was the second executive there that tried to build a relationship with Microsoft with the rest of the company deep in anti-US and anti-Microsoft at that time. Tsuga-san came out of Research and was put in charge of the Audio/Video division which is what I did at Microsoft. We built a very good relationship, breaking bread at many dinners and friendly, private discussions. He was promoted up to the president level and proceeded to shut down businesses that did not make money like Plasma. So imagine my surprise when I heard yesterday that he is behind resurrection of Technics brand and the products within.

OK, with name dropping done :D, let's go to through the rest. The person in the suite said that they are borrowing technology from aerospace and automotive business (the later being quite a large business for them). Below is the picture of a high-end motor they built which I assume some aspect of it was incorporated in the speaker:
093A6709.jpg
093A6708.jpg

Top Bottom