• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: SVS Subwoofers and Speakers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
SVS announced their 16 inch subs. They come in ported and sealed versions. Around $2,000 and ship in November.

093A6645.jpg
093A6647.jpg

This is the ported version. They "motor" portion of this thing is huge. Amazing build for such a low cost subwoofer.
093A6653.jpg
093A6648.jpg
093A6646.jpg
093A6654.jpg
093A6655.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Asked them to play a blu-ray so I could hear the sub with music and they played this superb Police concert:
Wrapped Around Your Finger (Live) by The Police. http://shz.am/t55230855

The sub on every beat would cause all the lights in the room to flicker! Still, except at its extreme levels, the bass sounded very nice. Audyssey room EQ in the Denon receiver was used and nothing else in the sub itself. My pant legs were nicely vibrating. :)

GaryProtein

Do you think you might be better off getting the ported PB16 Ultra and closing off its ports, using it in a sealed mode to take advantage of its larger enclosure and heavier duty, more capable driver than the sealed SB16 Ultra has. The drivers in the sealed and ported subs are not the same.

The same goes for the PB13Ultra and SB13Ultra subs. The ported model has a much larger enclosure and a heavier duty, more capable driver than the one in the sealed unit.

The bass frequency management of the "16" units is newer and more sophisticated than the "13" units, which is another reason to consider the the "16's".

I have given thought to using subs to smooth out the very low bass in my room.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've done some minor business with the folks at SVS both personally over the phone and ordering product via web. They have always been nice people to work with and go out of their way for customer satisfaction. Products I purchased were first rate at a very reasonable costs.
Two thumbs up IME. :)

Top Bottom