• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: Nokturne Audio, Lejonklou HiFi, NOKTable, Harmoni

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A6773.jpg
093A6776.jpg
093A6775.jpg
093A6774.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This was an interesting room with the presenter very friendly and spending good bit of time with me.

The speaker are old fashioned, small cinema JBL speakers! He said there is quite a cult around them now in Sweden (?) with people buying them for HiFi use, selling their audiophile speakers. Someone has started to build those nice white front panels for them.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Shazam to discover As I Roved Out by Loreena McKennitt. http://shz.am/t52866643

LP version on Lin Sondek turntable.

Sounded "meh." Lots of clicks and pops on the LP. How can folks listen to this medium???

BTW, the amplifiers were $20,000 (dual mono amps and pre-amp).

D

Deleted member 65

... The speaker are old fashioned, small cinema JBL speakers! He said there is quite a cult around them now in Sweden (?) with people buying them for HiFi use, selling their audiophile speakers. Someone has started to build those nice white front panels for them.

Never seen the speakers or heard of the cult here in Sweden ... maybe I need to go out more ... ;-)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Never seen the speakers or heard of the cult here in Sweden ... maybe I need to go out more ... ;-)
Hehe. :) I am glad it is not a widespread phenomena as I don't think people should use these speakers for high-end audio.

Top Bottom