• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: Margules

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A7107.jpg
093A7108.jpg
093A7109.jpg
093A7110.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Am I the only one who had not heard of Margules before? It is a Mexico City audio company that has been in business for years, both in Pro and Consumer space. They make everything from turntables to electronics and speakers. They were super kind and accommodating to me which I really appreciated.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Here is a detailed explanation which Carlos Smith, their Sales and Service Representor was kind enough to send me:

----

I. Macotela Integrated Amplifier

State of the art, visual and sonic masterpiece, combining the visual design of the renowned sculptor Gabriel Macotela, and the latest audio engineering features of Margules´ amplifier and preamplifier line.

Full class A, proprietary, zero negative feedback active servo control circuit, Shunt power supply. Triode (40 W/ch) and Ultralinear (80 W/ch) modes with the flip of a switch even while playing.

Ultra-fast, high audio-grade coupling capacitors. High grade passive components. Continuous cast, oxygen free copper wiring. Silver plated, optimized PCBs, ROSH compliant silver solder.

This is a very unique, Signature & Limited Edition for audio enthusiasts and art collectors consisting of only 20 numbered pieces.

Price: $26,000

II. Margules U280 Black Edition Amplifier

Newest aesthetic design matching accompanying components, and in line with the culmination of nearly 30 years of continuous innovation: full class A, proprietary, zero negative feedback active servo control circuit, upgraded Shunt power supply. Triode (40 W/ch) and Ultralinear (80 W/ch) modes with the flip of a switch even while playing. Strappable for mono operation and more power per amplifier.

Ultra-fast, high audio-grade coupling capacitors. High grade passive components. Continuous cast, oxygen free copper wiring. Silver plated, optimized PCBs, ROSH compliant silver solder.

Powerful, dynamic, clean, detailed, precise, rich, spacious, natural, sound.

Price: $4,900

III. Margules SF220 Black Edition Preamplifier

Newest aesthetic design matching accompanying components, in line with the culmination of nearly 30 years of continuous innovation: zero negative feedback circuitry, very low output impedance, extremely fast rise and fall times, upgraded Shunt power supply. IR remote control and RS232 remote controllable.

Ultra-fast, high audio-grade coupling capacitors. High grade passive components. Continuous cast, oxygen free copper wiring. Silver plated, optimized PCBs, ROSH compliant silver solder. Fully analog input and output connectors and electro-mechanical controls.

Price: $3,700

IV. Margules Orpheus Loudspeakers

Speaker line revamped in collaboration with a design studio, features an engraved solid, sustainable exotic wood front panel, independent chambers, massive structural integrity, 2.5-way ceramic drivers, first order time and phase coherent crossovers, air coil inductance, ultra-fast capacitors.

Ultra-fast, high audio-grade coupling capacitors. High grade passive components. Continuous cast, oxygen free copper wiring, ROSH compliant silver solder.

Price: $12,000 pair

V. Magenta TT-10 Turntable

A precision instrument with a very sweet, detailed and dynamic sound. Extremely precise and realistic. Includes a very low noise, completely isolated suspended motor, thick and low resonance machined platter, belt-driven, low friction bushing, fully adjustable arm included along with setup tools and scale.

Price: $2,700

VI. Magenta FZ47db Phono Preamplifier

Highly cost-effective phono preamp, incorporates a circuit topology with zero negative feedback, all passive equalization. It consists of an input amplifier that raises the voltage and lowers the impedance, followed by the first step of equalization and a second stage of gain and current amplifier followed by the final equalization and output stage. Shunt power supply.

Price: $599

VII. Magenta DAC-2.1

Digital to analog converter featuring high quality digital components and an outstanding analog output consisting of a totally discrete proprietary circuit with no feedback. Two Shunt power supplies, one for the digital and one for the analog section.

Extremely low-noise, low distortion and low jitter, provides a greatly improved sound to digital sources.

Price: $899

VIII. Margules-Mutable Console

Modern take on a stereo console, flexible and user-friendly concept that includes a high quality phonon stage, auxiliary input, and a Bluetooth® receiver. Class A/B amplifier, strong and clear sound reproduction in a very clean, convenient and modern furniture-grade design for use in small to medium sized rooms.

Price: $2,500

Kindly let us know if you publish photos and/or comments about us in your publication in Seattle, Washington, and do let us know should you require any additional information or another sound demo for your audio consulting and equipment sales company.

hollis

I picked up a TT-10, and have been trying it out as an upgrade over my Rega P5. Objectively, it is a heck of a lot more fun to touch and interact with. Heavy and "serious". The sound.... is a bit of a pain. Massive noise for days, until I realized it needs two grounds, each to different locations on the TT. Once I nailed that. Sound was good.

Top Bottom