• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: JBL, Mark Levinson

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A7274.jpg

093A7275.jpg
093A7277.jpg
093A7276.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This was a local dealer showing JBL 4367 and mark Levinson amplifiers and CD player/DAC. The dealer was not there and the local rep was filling in.

This was the first public showing of JBL 4367 that I have seen. These are Michael's (Dallasjustice) speakers by the way.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just A Little Lovin' by Shelby Lynne. http://shz.am/t45601341

Delicate highs. The way the highs separate from the other instruments was uncanny. They are also smooth and very pleasant. That, and beautiful vocal presentation were a constant in all the demos.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I asked them to play Welcome To My World by Depeche Mode. http://shz.am/t85565965 from my CD.

They did not play it loud enough like how I would have liked it :). But otherwise, once again the clarity and separation of highs was outstanding.

fas42

Major Contributor
Lovesong by Adele. http://shz.am/t53069494

Adele albums are not well recorded but the presentation here was just lovely. Excellent imaging in the center.
Right there is the "answer" as to how to judge a system ... Adele 21 can be a nightmare on many systems, because of the way it was recorded. Does that mean the recording is broken? No, it means the particular playback system is "broken", and such a recording throws that fact right back in your face, full force. A pretty crappy system can do justice to a "well recorded" album; which means your musical choices are quite limited.

A car with a totally incompetent suspension will still feel smooth on a perfectly surfaced highway - beware any side roads ... !

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
jbl m2 - $20,000 including two amps@$5000 each.

so an m2 is $5000

jbl4367 - $7500 each

Something wrong in the price structure there...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Retail is $25,000.

Oh.... That sort of fixes it. I was going by street price on M2 (Sweetwater) and Retail on JBL 4367 since nobody has them up for sale that I could find.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I looked at the ML intergrated but all the reviews I read say it goes into shut down self protection mode all the time.
Is this the current generation or last? As far as I know, the current generation is exceptionally reliable.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This was a local dealer showing JBL 4367 and mark Levinson amplifiers and CD player/DAC. The dealer was not there and the local rep was filling in.

This was the first public showing of JBL 4367 that I have seen. These are Michael's (Dallasjustice) speakers by the way.
Saving the best for last hey Amir.
Can't think of any illegal acts I wouldn't commit to own that system. :cool:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Is this the current generation or last? As far as I know, the current generation is exceptionally reliable.
It's what ever came out in the last 12 months or so.. I read two reviews both mentioned the intergraded shut down.

If you can't turn it up in a demo then you will never know if the system can reach your SPL requirements without suffering crap out.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
JBL had the new Levinson preamp DAC at the recent London show, used with a pair of smaller JBLs 4227?
Unfortunately Karma UK ( distributor/retailer ) didn't know how or couldn't be botherd to treat the room which suffered from a near permanent resonance around 50Hz which was apparent on every song.
Difficult to know whether the speakers were any good or not with the constant thrum.
Keith

Top Bottom