• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RMAF 2016: JBL Everest, Mark Levinson

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A7127.jpg
093A7130.jpg
093A7131.jpg
093A7129.jpg
093A7128.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There were no less than three (3) rooms showing Harman (JBL, Revel, Mark Levinson) products at RMAF. This was the JBL room with Everest speakers. It was in a horizontal configuration as you see which translates to handful of seats. I could only find an end spot so not idea. I thought I had captured some tracks but can't find them. If I do, I will post them.

Mark Levinson brand has really been re-energized with products they announced a year or two ago all finally shipping. I must say, it is strange (in a good way) to walk into a suite and see a "rack" of Mark Levinson electronics again!

On Everests, they can sound wonderful on some music (especially that of 50s, 60 and some 70s). It was after all the type of speaker used in that era. I liked the clear highs occasionally hitting me with very nice clarity.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW, the blue straps are what they use to lift them. Clever way to avoid having those heatsinks leaving a bloody impression in your skin! :D Not sure why they left them in place though after they put them on shelves.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Uh-oh... is that bent plywood in there?

I don't know what year this model is, but could be representative...

upload_2016-10-14_13-55-15.png

jbl_everest-DD66000-studio-beryllium-monitor-(11).jpeg

It didn't occur to me that the woofers were ported.

Top Bottom