• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP- Jan-Peter van Amerongen of Hypex

DanielT

Major Contributor
Very sad. Also so young. My condolences to family, friends and co-workers.

To Jan-Peter

The song is dedicated to "Doctor Blad" who was one of Bellman's closest friends and family doctors in the latter part of his life. The song describes the burial of Löfberg's wife at Maria Cemetery in Stockholm. The song was published in the first edition of Fredman's epistles in 1790 and does not appear in any known manuscript before that, so it is believed to have been composed in the late 1780s or 1790. [1]

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
RIP...

I wonder how this impacts Hypex and its sister company Mola Mola? Did he have other partners to keep running them?

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Rust zacht, Peter!

JSmith

Master Contributor
Dat is helemaal niet goed... RIP Jan Peter Van Amerongen. :(

1637049291512.png

JSmith

Bruno Putzeys

Technical Expert
Audio Company
The past few years Jan-Peter has worked hard to hand over the running of Hypex and Mola-Mola to other personnel and free himself up.

Just as this changeover was done and dusted, just as he was ready to move on to different things in life, this happens...

This is just so unfair. I'm gutted.

RIP

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is completely heartbreaking for me. Having had many conversations with Jan-Peter over the years and most recently a week before his passing about having him on my podcast. He was as solid of a man I've ever met and the world is really losing someone special.

RIP

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Godspeed Jan-Peter!

Was exchanging email with Hypex sales earlier this week and found they were closed yesterday in his honor.

Later, found this caught in a spam filter…

We deeply appreciate your expression of sympathy. Both Jan-Peter’s family and the Hypex team would like to thank you for your support.

For the past few years Jan-Peter has been busy handing over daily operations of both Hypex Electronics and Mola-Mola to free himself up for new adventures. His illness prevented him from ever making this new step in life. We will continue without him, and are grateful to be able to pass on his legacy. We have a very strong team and have confidence in the bright future that lies ahead for both our companies. Our R&D manager Jan-Willem Winters has taken over Jan-Peter’s function as CEO. Giving leadership to someone from the existing team enables us to retain the soul that makes Hypex unique. This was very important for Jan-Peter and for us as a team.

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really sad to hear this.

14 years or so ago, I started work putting together my first fully active setup. I had decided on which active crossovers to use (a pair of Pass Labs XVR1s), but was at a loss as to which amps to use - I needed 8 in total, 4 of which needed to be high-powered. I'd heard of Hypex, so I contacted Jan-Peter to see if there was anything he could help me with. Well, within a couple of weeks I had 4 very heavy 'boards' delivered to my address. On each were 2x UcD700HG modules, 2x power supplies with voltage regulators, and 2x 1000VA toroidals - all wired up and ready to go.

He certainly didn't have to go through all the trouble of doing this - there wasn't much in it for him (cost of parts, IIRC). But because of his willingness to do it, I saved so much time and effort, and remained forever grateful.

The actions of a good guy in my books.

Mani.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is surreal man! Still so young :( My heart goes out to his family, friends and colleagues in these troubling times!

I was probably one of the earlier Hypex customers one and a half decades ago. The company always had a soft spot in my heart.

A posthumous thank you to Peter Jan for daring to upset the Status Quo in amplifier land and leading a landslide change in amplifier technology for the last several decades!

Top Bottom