• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP Allen Boothroyd

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I still have a very old, very heavy, very complicated Boothroyd Stuart amp lying around somewhere on the attick.
It went on there about 25 years ago and it was old back then already.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I still have a very old, very heavy, very complicated Boothroyd Stuart amp lying around somewhere on the attick.
It went on there about 25 years ago and it was old back then already.

My Dad's was a 4 box stack and (IIRC) BROWN!!!

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My Dad's was a 4 box stack and (IIRC) BROWN!!!
I nearly bought one of those decades ago (105 amp and 101 preamp here with the smaller 103 amp). Went to a dealer to have a listen but was seduced by the self seeking tuner on the Nakamichi 530 receiver and bought that instead - I still have it over 40 years later!.

Last edited:
OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I nearly bought one of those decades ago (105 amp and 101 preamp here with the smaller 103 amp). Went to a dealer to have a listen but was seduced by the self seeking tuner on the Nakamichi 530 receiver and bought that instead - I still have it!.
Pretty sure it was the one in the second link- 3 boxes makes more sense! Remember those big flicky switches vividly. Believe his may be languishing in the attic alongside Solderdude's . Likewise been there 20 years or so and was old then!

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Pretty sure it was the one in the second link- 3 boxes makes more sense! Remember those big flicky switches vividly. Believe his may be languishing in the attic alongside Solderdude's . Likewise been there 20 years or so and was old then!
If you remember 4 boxes there was a matching 104 tuner.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you remember 4 boxes there was a matching 104 tuner.
Nah, think it was 101/103, the pre and 2 power. Was only in one stack, not side by side. Was a couple of decades since I saw it though. But you don't forget brown hifi

Top Bottom